1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amla paste & himalaya products?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by nandhu, Mar 9, 2007.

1. nandhu

nandhu New IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    I am 23yrs married woman living in USA. i am worried about my hair. grey hairs have started coming. I use SCALPE shampoo from india. its a dandruff shampoo. sometimes i use shikakkai powder. i can find some 6 to 7 grey hairs. First it started to grey in from the roots. but now i can see the entire strand of hair started greying. i have dandruff problem also. Are himalaya hair care products worth using? anybody please tell me some way to prevent grey hair. i read in the previous forums regarding amla paste. wer do we get in amla paste in usa?
    please recommend me some products which we get here.
    Thank You,
    Nandhu

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nandhu,

Please do have a look at you what you eat?? After going to US , you may be eating too much of junk food and taking carbonated drinks.

They get you into trouble most of the times. Donot look for amla paste and all.
    Start eating good food rich and nutritious. Like fruits, salad and nuts. You'll see the difference soon.
    Drink plenty of plain water. Lack of water also produces premature grey. If you do not do these things and still your hairs rturns grey , then see if you have thyroid problems...

You can get back your normal colour soon. Do not use anti dandruff shampoo , get a mild one like an herbal shampoo

All the best
    Latha :wave

3. nandhu

nandhu New IL'ite

Hi Eljaype,
    Thanks so much for your concern. Actually now iam 3 months pregnant and i have started eating fruits n veggies. i usually dont take junk food. while in india i have seen one of my friend using himalaya protein shampoo. while reading in this forum i came thro kesavavardhini oil. i dont use any US manufactured shampoo. i rely on indian products. One of my frds is coming from india. please giv me any suggestions whta hair care product is worth for my premature greying and dandruff. i will ask them 2 buy it.
    anybody Please giv me any valuable suggestions if u know abt this.
    Thank you
    Nandhu

4. mohanajagannathan

mohanajagannathan New IL'ite

hi Eljaype,

buy henna powder from shop.it is available in Indian stores. take 3 teaspoon of
    powder,add lemon juice 6 drops,and 1 teaspoon coffee powder or tea powder
    and butter milk 3 teaspoon .mix it well previous day.the mix should not be too liquid or too hard. it should be semi solid. apply the mix in the scolpe well. cover the hair with shower cap for one hour. and wash it with shampoo 2 times.
    There should not be any oil in your hair when you apply this mix. So wash your hair with shampoo the previous day. This method is very good for both grey hair and dandruff.you can apply this twice in a month.

thank you.
    mohanajagannathan

5. mohanajagannathan

mohanajagannathan New IL'ite

hi,

buy henna powder from shop.it is available in Indian stores. take 3 teaspoon of
    powder,add lemon juice 6 drops,and 1 teaspoon coffee powder or tea powder
    and butter milk 3 teaspoon .mix it well previous day.the mix should not be too liquid or too hard. it should be semi solid. apply the mix in the scolpe well. cover the hair with shower cap for one hour. and wash it with shampoo 2 times.
    There should not be any oil in your hair when you apply this mix. So wash your hair with shampoo the previous day. This method is very good for both grey hair and dandruff.you can apply this twice in a month.

thank you.
    mohanajagannathan

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Nandhu

Welcome to IL and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Please do not panic abput your premature grey hairs. Ask your friend to get a hair oil called "Tampcol" from any Siddha medical Shops in TamilNadu. It helps to prevent premature greying to some extent . As Latha madam have pointed concentrate on green veggies and fruits a lot.
    See the recipe for Curry leaves podi from Chitvish Recipes as the Curry leaves also help in preventing hair/scalp problems. have good rest and relaxed mind which is good for the baby too.
    Happy Pregnancy!!

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nandhu,

Sorry for replying to your post very late. I had some problems with my modem

I have used himalayas shampoo for normal hair. It was good and I liked it. But once a sales girl I met at FOODWORLD at chennai, made me try out Biotique henna for hennaed hair.
    That was the best one for me and I started using it after that. So I buy only Biotique henna cleanser.
    If you like you can use anyother biotique shampoo. They are very light and conditions also.
    Any way , massage with oil atleast half an hour before bath and tie up your hair so that you can get the ends also oiled properly. Massage your scalp and roots nicely with your fingers, without scratching.
    Half an hour later shampoo and dry it with a towel Natural drying is the best, max you can use a towel for drying. Do not use drier or comb your wet hair.

Look after your hair carefully and by the time you deliver your baby your hair also would have grown. If you pay attention to your diet now, you will not have hairloss after delivery.
    All the best

8. sharonkavi

sharonkavi New IL'ite

Hi, As Latha said i too use BIo-tech Henna . Infact i have been using it for 2yrs. It is good and covers your grey. Try adding beetroot paste and tea decocation - all mixed to the required proportion and let it soak overnight. dont oil your hair for the colour will not stick if you do so. alpply the mixture and let it be for an hour and wash it. I normally dont shampoo my hair if i do this treatment. but if you want you could simply wash your hair with water on the day you apply and shampoo your hair the next day. i tried it. and it works.

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sharon,

I think you got me wrong. I use Biotique henna hair cleanser and not biotech henna. I use Black henna to cover my grey.