Charitable insitutions in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by KrutikaRao, Sep 19, 2008.

1. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

I'm looking for charitable insitutions who are involved in women empowerment or girl education or one related to eye care in Bangalore or surrounding areas.

If you know any honorable, sincerely foundation, please pass on the information.

2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,

Shankar nethralaya has recently opened a centre in marathahalli in Bangalore. They are a famous institution from chennai and they are well known in this field. They do this cataract ops etc.for free for the poor.
    if interested i will pass on the reqd details

prabha

3. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Thank you Prabha. Please do forward me the details. i had heard about their center in chennai, but I didnt know there was one in Blore now!

4. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

Re: sankar nethralaya bangalore

hi ,

pl. find the info u requested for. let me know if you need more info. i stay very close to the hospital

Sankara Eye Hospital Airport-Whitefield Road, Kundanahalli Gate Marathahalli Colony

Thanks
    Prabha

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  5. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Thanks Prabha.
    I found their Bangalore site, but its not working properly.
    So I'm not able to find out how I can make a donation to that institute.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  6. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Krutika & Easy,

I had to delete the actual address, URLs from your posts since they should not be posted as per Indusladies policies. Please do not post external site urls and postal addresses on this public forum. Refer to Forum Etiquette in my signature to know the policies. Hopefully you understand and abide by the policies of Indusladies.

Thanks,
    Hema

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  7. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi kruthika,
    The hospital i was referring is not part of the sankara nethralya group.This is part of the eyecare hospitals run by the kanchi mutt. Since both the hospitals have some affiliation to kanchi mutt i got confused.
    i have sent the website address of the hospital i was referring to thro'PM.
    sorry for the confusion.
    if you are looking for sankara nethralaya itself..i have sent the website address also on PM

Thx
    Prabha

8. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi Hemchi,

Thanks for the reminder. Sorry abt the violation

prabha

9. bangaloremsg

bangaloremsg New IL'ite

hi

sankara eye hospital is what is there at marathahalli. Shankara nethralaya is starting at bear hebbal fly over opposite columbia asia hospital.

Sankara , at marathahalli is the branch of sankara, coimbatore and supported by Mutt. But the doctors here are not experienced and most of them are trianees. Also they conduct surgery training to beginning surgeons, so if you want to be trained on you can go there.if you want to sent some one for check up or surgery, please go to some other place.

Charity in eye care( most of the eye hospitals) is not that charity as you think. Each free surgery they do, they claim money from blindness control socienty Rs.750, and then from donors from abroad, and then from local organizers. for the charity work they use the cheapest products or reused surgical instruments( you know even injection , we wont take in a reused cyringe).

So i sincerely suggest, dont get into the charity of supporting this menace, with any eye hospital

10. sankarpoornima

sankarpoornima New IL'ite

Dear Friends

I am surprised at this inaccurate information being passed by the moderator.

The Sankara Eye Hospital, at Kudalahalli Gate is a part of the Sankara Eye Care Institution, which is one of the largest community eye care organisations in the Country.

What our friend has misrepresented is the following - The team comprises of Surgeons who have completed subspeciality training and carry forward the experience of working at the parent organisation. If the quality of care was so poor then i Doubt they would habe completed 14000 patient registraions in the last 9 months. They have performed 5500 free eye surgeries and as agroup over 65000 surgeries have been performed in the last clendar year.

The instituion was recognised with the Asian Hospital Management Award at Philiphines for Community Care.

Also they are part of the Vision 2020 intiative established by the Government of India.

Yes training is carried out at our institution as in all premier institutions in the city and in the country.

The 750 rupees from the Government is a Grant in Aid and not a reimbursement for the surgery performed. The costing varies as per centre.

Also the quality of servie and the finances are audited by the Governement and other external donor agencies to ensure compliance with norms.

I invite you to visit "charitable organisation" and deciede for yourself rather than make decisions based on email inputs.

regards

Poornima
    VOlunteer- Sankara Eye Care Institutions