Schools around Marathahalli?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by easy, Jun 27, 2008.

1. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi
    I am staying near Marathahalli. I am looking for a school for nursery admission near this area for my son. I enquired in Vigbyor the fees as per me is quite high 9000 rs/quarter.Can anyone suggest any good schools with reasonable fee in this area. any feedback on Ryan and Vagdevi vilas school is welcome

Thanks
    Prabha

2. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hello Prabha,
    Welcome to IL ......Nursery schools around Marathahalli are 'Tom & Jerry' on the outer ring road, 'Euro kids' at AECS layout in Brookefields,'Neev' at Whitefield. But these might be a little on the expensive side esp Neev. Maybe Tom and Jerry is a bit reasonable.

Ryan ....I find is OK for junior classes but not so much at the senior level. They had 100% pass result for 10th this year and the last though. Now with the new principal, maybe it gets better.

Also, India International, St. Peters and DPS on the Sarjapura Road.

I 've heard Prakriya is also good. It's somewhere on the Sarjapura rd. Where are you put up?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  3. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Thanks for the reply
    I stay opposite to the Purva apartments in marathahalli (down the new railway bridge).
    I am not very keen on those international schools . I guess they must be pricy also.
    I normally hear that Ryan is not a very studious environment. some of my colleagues have pulled their kids out after 8th std for the same reason.
    actually all the pre- schools you ahve mentioned are in AECS layout which will require a transport pickup drop for my son .he is just 1yr 8 months so i am bit worried about the safety?.is it safe? what is your advice.
    BTW, where do u stay in bangalore?

prabha

4. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi

Yes, that's the general view about Ryan. I think it's pretty ok for the junior classes. But yes there seems to be a prob. in higher classes. Now they have a new principal and I've heard things are changing. As for the travel, for any school your baby will have to travel, though you can think about picking and dropping yourself. And for you , Ryan and Eurokids seem to be a good option, unless you have something within walking distance. My son studied in Eurokids too and I found it good.
    If you ask me , honestly, I think your child is too young for a school and you can wait another year before enrolling him. If there is some small school near your house then maybe you can send him for 1-2 hrs. and you can have some time for yourself too.

I'm at the outer ring road.

Sonalika

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  5. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    thanks for the input.Even my husband was feeling the same, that he is too young for travel in school vans. There is a small playschool nearby, may be i will enroll him for this year.
    he is too naughty and my mother is unable to manage him at home. also he has not started speaking yet.he has only max 20 words. People say if you enroll him to a play school language skills will improve? is it true?.

6. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Yes, it may be because they hear so many people , teachers & kids, talking around them and they are likely to pick up words easily and faster. But that doesn't mean a child will lag behind .....he will surely learn to speak... sooner or later. not an issue. He has already started and so he'll catch up soon. Let him take his own time.

Both my kids learnt to talk late. But once they started , there was no stopping them.And sometimes I have to tell them to be quiet and let me have some peace.:-D

Enjoy a little peace while you can.:)

Cheers,
    Sonalika

7. lakshminl

lakshminl New IL'ite

Hi Sonalika/Prabha,

It was interesting to see the exchanges in this thread between you. I've visited most schools around ORR/Marathahalli. Tom and Jerry seemed good and convenient for my 1 year 10 month old son. So I am contemplating of sending him there for 3 hours every morning. Would you have any advice on if it's too early? I don't work now but find it difficult to engage him through the day.

8. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi Lakshmi ,

Welcome to the club.
    It is not clear whether you are working. Tom and jerry is a creche and daycare. So if you want him to learn ..better to enroll him in a play school like kidzee..etc.most of them admit kids by 18 months
    i am not sure where in marathahalli you are staying.let me know, i can suggest some playschools near by

Bye
    Prabha

9. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

As Prabha said it's best to send your child to a school which is near your home. Where are you located ?

I've heard about a playschool in Sun City at the ORR-Sarjapura junction, which is supposed to be good...not sure but I think it's Shemrock.

Yes, I do think that your child is too young to go to school....but times have changed and we find it extremely difficult to entertain them the whole day.

Earlier, in a joint family, with so many relatives to look after the kids, the mother wouldn't even know where the child was or how he grew up. But now, the responsibility is entirely on the mother (at least for a major part of the day).
    And as such, our patience levels are dipping .....so I think one has to think of sending the baby to a playschool.
    Afterall, we need some time for ourselves too (and also need to maintain our sanity).

If your child is comfortable, then you can think about it.

Cheers,
    Sonalika

10. Aranya

Aranya New IL'ite

Hi
    I am a new member of this group.

My daughter will complete 3 years in Feb 2009. Planning to admit her in LKG/Nursery in nearby schools in Marathalli. I did visit Ryan, Gopalan and Vagdevi. Ryan and Gopalan seem to be expensive. I did visit vagdevi vilas. Fees seem to be reasonable. Would like to know about the quality of teaching and students output from this school. Could anyone of you throw some light on this?