IL Apprentice - 2008

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Nandshyam, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ok, I agree I started this thread, since Malathy has chose this forum for this month.bonk But thanks to her, I got an Idea.:idea:idea

I don't know about people in India, but US people might be familiar with a NBC Show - The apprentice.

What do they do. 10-12 people are chosen. They are given a series of situations, ranging from running a bankrupt company, designing an Ad overnight, selling something like hotdogs with more profiut than the other using your innovative talents etc. The point is during each problem, a person's Marketing, Managing, Leading, Temperament etc talents will be evaluated. Finally, the person who won will be awarded by the great Trump an oppurtunity to work with him. Believe me, thats the great oppurtunity one can get.

So, thought why not we have something on those lines here.. Since it will be virtual, there will be some slight changes.

A situation will be given. Come up with your solution.

Since I am one giving the situation, I will only vote but not contribute.

• You can give as many as solutions as possible.
    • If there are similar solutions, the one posted first will be chosen.
    • You can discuss, argue, find loopholes in the solutions provided by other ILs.
    • Solution provider should be able to answer all the questions asked to make sure your solution is solid.
    • Votes will decide who's solution is the best at the end of this mont
    • Please don't take it personally when they question the solution. It's just for fun :)
    Ok now here we go.

Situation.

Investor promises to fund you 100% if you come up with online profitable business. You are given 10 days to come up with a prototype and given $10,000.

Conditions:

(1) Your idea can be the ones already existing. If so, you have to market your concept as to, how different it is.
    (2) Maintenance of the business should not cost more every month.
    (3) No forum or Chat communities please !! No Game communities either ! No illegal business.
    (4) No Home based business. No consulting.

Start the game, fellas !!!

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Nandhu,

that's awesome....I read about it the moment you posted, didnot have a chance to write back....will be back with my ideas .....

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Rama, way to go buddy !

A soul to try something.. like that !!!!

4. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Hello,
    This is a great idea to start this kind of "IL apprentice".

An online profitable business... Hmm.....
    You have made me think of ideas other than my own online business :))
    Will post soon with my input.

Anjali

5. mui kanva

mui kanva Senior IL'ite

Hi Nandshyam
    Good thread.. This is very innovative... Too good..

Ok.. I just read about this and immediate Business idea that popped up is to start a website, where I can get help for my day to day activities.

Goes like this,

Now that most of them are working couples, they don't get time to do their personal work, say to pay their telephone bill, electricity bill, their kids monthly fees, buy groceries, doing their house cleaning or precise - maid, want a new driver, etc etc.. So, if they register in this website and log in their service needed, it will be taken care with hours. (There are more design aspects to it)..

(I know most of the mobile service providers and others have online payment facilities, but to my knowledge, not for buying groceries etc. I wanted to put all in one, so that it is good enough to just login to one website instead of ten different one)...

In short, anything they want is just one click away.

I am not aware of any website like this, but if it exists,do share with others.. Its really helpful.

If I can think of any other business ideas, will sure post them too.