Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your message.

Dear Malar.
    Thankyou very much for your feedback. I have given a very similar recipe - onion chutney- earlier. That is also very good, you can try that also.
    Regards,
    chithra.

2. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Can you post recipe to make crisp bajji with onion, potato , milagai etc. I'm not able to retain the crispness, esp. while serving for guests. They are crisp & puffy when I remove from oil, by the time I take to hall, they're fallen flat......
    Must the flame be high throughout ??
    Thanks.

3. Chitvish

I am posting the recipe today.

Hello Kute Kiddo,
    I now have modified my bajji recipe from the traditional one & I get crisp good bajjis.
    I shall post the recipe today in the snacks thread.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Some kitchen tips please ??

That was a super-quick response Mrs.Chithra,thanks.

I'm just filing the exhaustive collection of your recipes, and am slowly going to try out one-by-one. But I like your tips section the best, as we get to learn things which we didn't even know about....

Meanwhile, I would like some advise / help with the problem of maintaining a clean well organised kitchen !!! With a little child around, am not able to devote hours for the cleaning; I usually do it one day on weekend, but by end of next week, have to do it all over again.
    But recently, when visited a friend's place, her place was very tidy, though she was in the process of cooking dinner; I too wipe spills at once, etc. but my work area/ shelves seems too cluttered and messy. Maybe I haven't organised my kitchen well, as there were no elders to start the 'kudithanam vekkarathu' for me......I would also like to know how to reduce usage of cooking gas/fuel. Within 40 days max. I use up my cylinder, but same size one [with more or less same amt. of weekly cooking]with the above mentioned friend, she says comes for at least 55 days !!
    Hope my problem is clear and you can offer your valuable suggestions/tips for the same ?
    Bye,
    KK.

5. Chitvish

I shall answer your query in detail.

Dear Kute Kiddo,
    Your query needs a detailed reply. I am leaving for Madurai today to spend a few days with my mother. So I will be "off" the net for the next 4,5 days. So please bear with me - After coming back, I shall write to you a few points about " kitchen maintenance " !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

6. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

Wants recipe from chitvish ji

Dear Madam,
    I have been trying a new dish once a week, its all due to ur love with us thanks for ur previous replies. Thanks a lot to indusladies I appreciate all ur efforts u have put in to make this happen.
    Madam cld u pls tell me how can i make rice flour chappati, i tried several times but cld not make as wheat flour chappati.I always go on with chela make batter & cook chela . Once i taste spicy rice chappati i still feel taste what is the tact of making this chappati.Anxios for response.
    Thanks
    With highest regds,
    Rushna Nigar.

7. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

A doubt in Idli Sambar with Besan recipe!

Hello Chithra Madam,

I have a doubt in Idli Sambar with Besan...you have mentioned adding besan / multi purpose powder. In case of adding besan, do we need to add dhaniya/chilli powder/sambar powder for kaaram? You have mentioned only slit green chillies? Will that do for kaaram?

Thank you for your reply.

Shakthi

8. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Doubt in the Set dosa sagu recipe

Chithraji:
    Hope you had a good vacation with your amma.

I have a doubt in the set dosa sagu recipe. You havent mentioned when to grind khus khus and fried gram.

Do I have to grind onions, chilles etc along with cardamom , cloves etc? I am sorry i wasnt sure about the instructions hence wanted your inputs.

Thanks

Seetha

9. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

Masala Dosa

Dear Chitra,
    I love masala dosa but i try making at home an dit doesnt turn out. I try making with readymade packet followed the instruction and kept it overnight for fermentation. then when i put the mixture on tava it sticks. I tried all possible ways like medium flame, putting more oil but it sticks finally it turns out like egg bhurji. I dont know what should i do. Also now since i have the whole packet of that masala dosa packet i thought i will make idli but i dont have idli maker is there any way i can make idlis without idli maker. Let me know at your convenient.

Farida

10. Ajay

Ajay New IL'ite

looking for indian recipes

hello.

I am looking for recipes related to
    indian cooking methods.
    1)what is thuvatel method ?
    2)what is piratel method ?
    3)what is varuvel method ?
    4) looking for sothi recipe
    5) looking for kulambu recipe
    6) looking for plain thosay (all varieties
    7) looking for rava thosay (all varieties
    I know i am asking a lot , any one can help.

Thanking all in advance.

Ajay/Canada

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.