April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma , thank u so much for ur lovely wishes :cheers

2. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Dear Diyaa , i just enjoyed watching the link given by you.Its amazing :).
    I do agree with ur rgd the U/S.
    Keep well.Take care.Cheers......

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Anubal, Hearty congratulations and welcome!! :cheers

Simibiju, I guess it works both ways. For my BIL's wife, the sonogram turned out to be right. :)

Diyaa, I had some work at home. Have started packing DH's lunch to take to ofice, so have to get up a bit early. So I end up sleeping in the afternoon. :-D Thats why not many posts from me. Will do better from now on.

Padma, Thanks a ton! Ya, I am nearing my valaikappu(bangle ceremony)! The seemantham(baby shower) will be in feb or march. Thank you again!

I too enjoyed those videos. So how is the rest of us going on? I am feeling a lot more sleepy nowadays. Dont know why! Take care mommies. That reminds me I have to post the mommies and EDD list - will do it by this evening.

Regards,
    Anitha

4. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

hi to all:rotfl

diyaa the video was cool and the song was very touching....
    sleeping a lot these days.....u too mommies enjoy as much sleep now

sleepless nights are ahead to come...:spin

enjoy motherhood :thumbsup

cheers
    rekhat

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Am a bit late in posting the table - DH has hogging the comp till now. :) I realised we are 12 mommies here! :cheers to all of us. Here is the list - lets keep sharing. Suba, forgot to ask you - will someone be coming over to your place to conduct your valaikappu-seemantham?

<table><tbody><tr> <td> Mommy </td> <td> Baby's EDD </td> </tr><tr> <td> Anitha </td> <td> 4th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Simibiju </td> <td> 5th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Mitra </td> <td> 6th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Meenloch </td> <td> 7th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Priya </td> <td> 7th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Suba </td> <td> 10th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Rekha </td> <td> 15th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Drli </td> <td> 15th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Shilpa </td> <td> 17th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Viji </td> <td> 18th April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Anubal </td> <td> 22nd April </td> </tr><tr> <td> Diyaa </td> <td> 24th April </td> </tr></tbody></table>

Regards,
    Anitha

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Drli,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have lot of ragi. Maybe I ll have it as as porridge for breakfast.

AnithA - My due date has shifted to April 12 th after my first ultrasound. Wondering which one is right, 7 th or 12 th. My doc says it could be one week later or three weeks earlier.

Youtube was a good suggestion. I shall start catching up.

My morning sickness/daylong sickness has returned surprisingly. I think I am going to be among those who have MS throughout theri pregnancy. i am 14 weeks now. 16 week is another deadline :)...

My doc insisited heavily on working out. Of course at a level where you can speak to someone standing close. Swimming as she says is the best exercise you can indulge in. It s already known that women who work out have relatively easy delivery. Additionally she said that the baby has lesser risk of obesity, diabetes and heart related issues. I walk about 30 mins a day, but need to bump up the exercise levels.

My wishes to the newbies here. We have a really big club here :)..

7. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Meenloch,

I think the EDDs I have listed are the ones we gave based on our LMP. If you really want me to make the change in the list, do let me know. Will do it. Based on what you say, looks like the doc is giving you the usual info. One week later or three weeks earlier with respect to 12th April is almost the same as two weeks before/after the EDD calculated based on LMP. :) And so bad that you might have MS all through - my husband's cousin has the same problem.

True - working out is a must. I should start mine(was on a no exercise regimen till last month). Swimming is not for me - my MIL will go crazy even if I suggest it. Big Laugh I guess I will stick to walking twice a day. So whats up with the rest? What kind of exercise are you all following? All those who are pregnant second time, it will be helpful for all us first-timers if you could let us know what worked for you the first time around. And can anybody let me know what kind of exercises are safe now? I would like to do kegel exercises but am afraid it might induce preterm labour - is it possible? I am extra worried as we really had to work very hard for this baby as a result of which we are erring on the side of cautiousness.bonk

Regards,
    Anitha

8. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hello All, how are everyone doing?

Dear Anithuuu, thanks for posting the updated lists.,infact i tired to do the same on friday , but i couldnt get the correct allignement like your's , thats y , i left it :) sorry yaa.I thought that i shuld help u , but couldnt ......
    And hopefully im going to deliver my baby in India , so my valaikappu-seemantham will be there.Becoz my Mil is very sick , she cant travel here , also my mom cant leave India say for six months leaving my dad n brother alone thr.,but still my husband havent decided yet.
    Sterday he was asked me , whether i can manage things by myself here or not , i said a Big No :) Lets see :hide:.

As far as the exercise, im walking everyday since i came to know that im pregnant,but not fastly & im doing all the household work by myself , just for one day in a week , im having a maid to help me.So,thats it in my exercise section.I had a gym memebership but i cancelled it jus for my baby's good sake.

Meenloch Hi, keep on having healthy foods at regular intervals, you can beat the Morning sickness.Good luck to you.

Take care all.

With lots of love, suba

9. simibiju

simibiju New IL'ite

dear all,
    it is my doc who gav me the opinion abt u/s.now i am also confused.she is having more than 40 yrs experience.she participates in tv programmes also.any way when i go to my home town i will ask her abt it.
    dear ani,
    anitha is one of my best friends name.we used to call her ani...so i will call u as ani...
    how r u feeling....
    walking is the best exercise u can do....walk as much as u can....
    dear diya ,
    thanks for ur suggestion.wht is 4d ultra sound....
    take care.is ur mom coming 4 delivery...
    dear rekha,
    how r u feeling now,now i am feeling better...
    dear subha,
    it is better to go to mother's place at the time of delivery....any way take care...
    dear mitra,
    how is ur daughter....
    r u going to do sonography....
    dear anubal,
    it is good to hav all ariens in a home...
    dear all others,
    enjoy motherhood :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
    take care
    bye
    simi

10. rasika_g

rasika_g New IL'ite

Hello All,

I have just now registered into this forum...Good to find so many mommy's-to-be. Well, count me in...Me too due in April and my EDD is April 10, 2008 and its my first child...

So congrats n best wishes to all of U

btw, the chinese calendar link is:

Mine predicts it to be a girl... :)

tk cr

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009