Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabeen

Jabeen New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi, I am Jabeen from Chennai and staying in Kuwait

2. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    My name is not Blondie. Since couldn't register with my own name (someone already registered with that) had to excercise my brain thinking about another one. My daughter's email id came easily to my mind (shouldBblond) and used that since i won't forget it. To cut the long story short........My name is Pushpa and I live in Herndon, VA. for the past 10 years. Before that emigrated to US 20 years back and before that now i am going really into the past :

born and brought up in hyderabad Andhra Pradesh
    Parents house on Shivam Road

Schooling Rosary convent and Reddy college

Married for 22 years hubby's name is Dushyanth

Kids 2 daughter Shruthi is a sophomore at college, son Sharath is in eigth grade

working as an SQA (right now experiencing a lull in work flow and was constructively using my time browsing and came across this site)
    :yes:

And had to register after reading the posts about household odours in one of the forums. Those were really true.:mad:

Pushpa

3. Shrikrishna

Shrikrishna New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I am totally amazed to see the kind of energy flowing in this forum!!! There are Indians from all over the world right here. I feel so close to home. Bravo to one and all who are part of this "one big happy family".

Well, lets see - My name is Shri and I'm from Chennai, but basically my family is from Andhra Pradesh. Right now I live in Eugene, OR, USA. My mother tongue is Telugu. My dad is a businessman and mom is a housewife. I have a sister who is married and has a wonderful daughter and they live in UK. My younger brother is working in Chennai.

I did my schooling in SBOA and Church Park. Ethiraj College is my Alma Mater, where I completed my BA and MBA. I got married in feb 2003. I came to US 4 years back and we were in Colorado for a year and then moved to Oregon.

I love Chennai. I have lived there almost my whole life and I believe Chennai is really charming - despite the heat!!! I like Tamil, Telugu and ofcourse English movies (Spidy 1&2, lord of the Rings- love 'em). We go to the theatre every week and also rent movies all the time. I love reading (Sidney Sheldon, Luanne Rice), listening to music (A.R.Rahman,M.S, Ilayaraja, Beyonce, Dido) I love doing cross-stitch. For a person who wanted to hire a cook throughout her lifetime, a miracle happened. When I came to US, I had to cook and I used to be pretty bad :icon_frown:. But poor hubby never said a word. He was very adjusting. After coming to Eugene, I slowly developed interest for cooking. I came across the food blogs and various websites and got really interested. And now, I can make creme caramel, creme brulee, badam halwa, paneer butter masala, and many more dishes :-D. I still don't know how this transformation happened. Now I send recipes to my sis and mom. They are fabulous cooks by the way.

I'm so happy to be a part of this community which lets us come together even though we are miles away from each other.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa/Blondie,

Welcome to IL. It was interesting to read how you came to your login Id! It is nice to know you and hope we will have interesting exchanges in the future. I am also Telugu and live in NJ state.

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to IL Shrikrishna. I am sure you will enjoy yourself immensely in this site. Now that you are an enthusiastic cook, you will find wonderful recipes here and a load of cooking tips. You can say that your problems with any culinary related matter is solved as of now!
    Enjoyed reading your intro. Believe me, I was like you, all those years ago when I left India. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess.

L, Kamla

6. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,
    I am Sharada, living in Montego Bay (Jamaica...West Indies). I came here after my marriage with my ever caring and loving husband. i really love this place its beautiful but i still miss home. I was born in Secunderabad, A.P.
    i have a 1and half year old son. he keeps me on my toes all the time. i am also working as a teacher. so life is hectic for me..trying to balance home and work and my son AND also trying to keep in touch with my hobbies. :) i believe that "Life without challenges is dull and boring."
    My hobbies are listening to music, a little bit of drawing and sewing and craft work, i love to cook and sample new foods. But am just a beginner with cooking. so i look out for recipes in books and on the net and keep trying them out. i found the mahanandi site when i was searching for a recipe. you people are really doing a great job. Hat Off! to all of you and keep up the good work. :wave .

7. santhosh

santhosh New IL'ite

Hi

Hi dis is santhosh, i joined in Indusladies,

8. yogyata

yogyata New IL'ite

who am i

hello ladies,
    myself yogyata. I'm a law graduate from chandigarh[Punjab]. Presently
    I'm in S.Korea as my husband is working 4 samsung. I believe in making few but quality friends. I enjoy watching comedy AND PARLLEL CINEMA. I'm a Libran.
    Looking forward to enjoy being a part of this community.

9. SAMYUKTHA

SAMYUKTHA New IL'ite

Hello. My name is shubha. I am from Bangalore living in New york. I am interested in indian classical music, dance, painting , cooking and books.

10. shubhas

shubhas New IL'ite

Shubha

Hi,

I am a new comer to this group and would like to say "Hello" to all the existing members.

Regards
    Shubha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.