Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Where to find herbs like...

I was wondering...how they can use animal products in dried herbs?!! Anyway can we all know why you need all these herbs? Any beauty secrets to share:wink:?

Did you go hunting in Carrefour/Bodyshop?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. sujaram

sujaram Senior IL'ite

Hi poornima,

you can try in RASOOL Shop in Tekka market. There is one taxi stand back of taxi stand you can find this shop.
    bye

3. blueygirls

blueygirls New IL'ite

Haha. Becuase i want to try to cut down on the amount of shampoo i use. I hate it.. it dosent even help my dandruff that much and dosent cure it. herbs i find and natural things can make me go longer without washing my hair and not having dandruff. Beauty secrets? Well.. not really any as of yet as i've just started this :). Haha. as for the animals products? i have no idea. my mother said that :p. i guess they just dont mix it with the other herbs. but they do sell dried meat if im not wrong. I have tried bodyshop. they have some of the essential oils and base oils there. but nothing much.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Mock Meat!!

Hi all,

A big thanks to all who gave me tips on curds. I get excellent curds now a days and my child and I enjoy curd rice!! :bowdown

Vijee, I am sorry I was not able to spot the mock meat in NTUC. Will it be in the frozen food section? I see some tinned mock chicken. But I dont know if its the same as what you say.

Has anyone had Anadha Bhavan's south indian meal? What are the chunks that they make along with potato and once it was cooked with some greens too. Can anyone share light on it?

Thanks
    Poornima.

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Ways with greens and sauces.

Poorni, Check at the frozen section or you can ask the service staff at the NTUC. Dont use the word mock-they would not knowshakehead. Ask for vegetarian chicken/fish, mutton. No it is not tinned. It comes in polythene double covers.

The Anandhabhavan dish you have mentioned is the frozen soya chunks-mutton.

I forgot to mention, you can get it in Mustaffa, in the aisle near paneer,parathas etc(frozen section on the vegetables floor).

\Best of Luck.

6. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

Thanks a lot. I did ask the staff at NTUC and they showed me some mushroom curry and other things. Now I know why I didnt find itbonk I shall also try at Mustafa this weekend.

HAPPY DIWALI!

Poornima

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear poorni

You are most welcome. What are friends for..?
    Thanks. And I wish you and your family a very happy Diwali too.

8. Cindi

Cindi New IL'ite

Re: Where to buy Filter Coffee powder?

Hi byee:rotfl

You can get home delivery coffee powder from one of the local home delivery coffee powder which is 100% pure coffee powder. It's freshly seal with one way valve that why i like to get from them. Kopi2u - Home Page
    They hv local area distributor to delivery to your area.

Thks:thumbsup

Cindi

9. CarolineRaj

CarolineRaj New IL'ite

Re: Where to buy Filter Coffee powder?

Hi All

Where do we get Bru Instant Coffee powder sachets, just like the 3 in 1 (2 gram) sachets available for Nescafe?

One of my friend told me that these sachets are available back in India. But so far I have never come across this stuff. [​IMG]

Does anyone know where I could find them in Singapore?

Thanks. :)

10. Sushma1980

Sushma1980 New IL'ite

Murugan-type Grocer near Tampines/Simei

Hello Ladies, :hiya

Last year I used to stay in Bukit Batok, did my veggie shopping at this Murugan Stores and my bill never crossed 10-12 $ a week...we are a couple...I don't buy in bulk...

Now we moved to the East near Loyang Avenue...I can't find a similar kind of indian grocer in Tampines/Pasir Ris/Simei..... :spin

please help if you know some store like this....

Thanks
    Sushma