April 2009 mommies - Welcome!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by AnithaA, Aug 20, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Shilpa, nice to know you had a nice vacation! How do you keep track of taking all those tablets? I sometimes seem to forget to take mine! bonk

So whats the rest of you doing? Has anybody's nausea come down? I guess by the end of this month, folks who want to know the sex of the baby will know it. I am getting ready to go to my mom's place next month - giving salwars for stitching, getting blouse ready for next month's valaikappu and stuff. How many of you have valaikappu and seemantham (a kind of baby shower) in your custom? Will you be having them? Lets keep in touch!

Regards,
    Anitha

2. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Hi Frds ,

Hope all are doing good.Oops , i missed many posts :)

Simibiju & Mitra, hearty congrats and welcome to our team.

Good to know that u had a nice trip Shilpa :cheers

Anithuu..... very glad that u r happily preparing to visit ur parent's place.
    Keep rocking :thumbsup.We also have valaikappu and seemantham function , i guess it will be around 6th-8th, they usually arrange this function according to priests suggestion / good dates n so on.
    We still havent decided anything yet, but soon we will do that i guess :)
    Yeah , if the baby is in good position , then we will get to know the gender by the end of this month.
    then pls take ur pills daily dear.Keep well.

Take care All.Cheers......

3. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks for the welcome note.
    This is my second baby everything looks great and different from my first .I had lot of nausea and vomitings with the first child but nothing this time except for headaches,super hungry & tired most of the time.
    I had my snography for down syndrome around 13 weeks still to get feedback from doctor .I have my next check-up on october 14 .I will be knowing gender of the baby but my gut instinct says that its a boy.
    Congrajulations to all the mommies .....

Regards
    Mitra

4. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi All,

Count me in.... !!! My Due date is on April 22, 2009. This date falls is a mid date between my Husband's brithday and mine(April 16 & April 29). This is my first child, I am really excited. Overjoyed.. no words to express....

I dont have vomitting.... but I am really very tired... unable to work at office or at home... But I have managed till now... I hope in the 4th month... these would go away and I would feel better... I had the Sonography and everything seems to be normal.... My next appt. with the doctor is on Nov 3... Looking forward to it... :) My hearty Congratulations to all the Mommies to be.... :)

Take Care,
    Anu

5. simibiju

simibiju New IL'ite

hi all,
    today i read the past postings .i will suggest something abt sonography.dont go for the given by the usg.it is always wrong.i think it depends on baby's wt.at the time of my first baby my first sonography gave edd of 14th april and my second usg gave edd of 2 nd may.at that time i was so tensed i asked my doc and she told me don't go for the date of usg .calculate the date by using last lmp which gives me the date 13 th april.my son was born on 11th april.so all of u caculate ur due date using lmp only.
    if we want an active boy we should be active at the time of pregnancy.i am giving this advice based on my own experience.read a lot of good information.if any of ur doing some course it is really good.baby will be smart in that profession.i was doing llb at time of vishnu.now he is very smart
    what r the tablets u people r taking.my doc suggest folic acid and fe tablet only.

6. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Thank you Anitha and Suba, yup I really enjoyed these holidays and Wish Anitha you also enjoy your stay at your mother's place. Yes, it is actually difficult to remember to t

I never heard about valaikappu and seemantham, may be becoz I am North INdian and this is celebrated in South India but I heard something very similar is celebrated in Maharashtra side during 7-8 months.

Hi Anubal, welcome to the club and congratulations, I also have no vomiting but always feeling very tired and sleepy, one of my friend told me because I am very skinny and whole day sitting in the office and doing any physical exercise that is why it happens, I've started to take evening walks and it helped (actually dont know it's becoz of walks or becoz I am approaching my 4th months :))

Can anyone please guide me how to see delivery video on You Tube, I tried watching it but it asked me to signup first but I couldn't signup becoz each user name I try to take it always says it's already been taken I tried atleast 50 different user names but everytime I got the same answer. Please suggest...

7. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Thank you Anitha and Suba, yup I really enjoyed these holidays and Wish Anitha you also enjoy your stay at your mother's place. Yes, it is actually difficult to remember to t

I never heard about valaikappu and seemantham, may be becoz I am North INdian and this is celebrated in South India but I heard something very similar is celebrated in Maharashtra side during 7-8 months.

Hi Anubal, welcome to the club and congratulations, I also have no vomiting but always feeling very tired and sleepy, one of my friend told me because I am very skinny and whole day sitting in the office and doing any physical exercise that is why it happens, I've started to take evening walks and it helped (actually dont know it's becoz of walks or becoz I am approaching my 4th months :))

Can anyone please guide me how to see delivery video on You Tube, I tried watching it but it asked me to signup first but I couldn't signup becoz each user name I try to take it always says it's already been taken I tried atleast 50 different user names but everytime I got the same answer. Please suggest...

8. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

9. diyaa

diyaa New IL'ite

Hello everybody....how are you all..?

A big welcome to the new members...:thumbsup

Anitha...nice to hear that your tests went well...I was actually wondering why u were not posting any replies..! Yeah...as you said...in India these prenatal tests are done only if required...these tests are required if the mother's age is above 35..otherwise it is not required....

Anubal....nice to know that you are from blore...im a bangalorean too...i used to live Bannerghatta road...how about u?

Simibiju....ultrasound dating is more accurate than LMP dating because ultrasound tells us the baby's measurement and development...im surprised that in your case the difference between those two dates was so huge...usually the difference between ultrasound dates and LMP dates are only few days apart...

Shilpa..usually those delivery videos are real ones...since woman's private parts are visible it is required that viewers should be above 18 years of age...so you should have a User ID...while registering you need to give your age...you can view the demo videos without user id....anyway, try this unusual user ids...like "teddieeebear"..i just tried..and this user id is available...so grab it..! :)

I had my ultrasound and first trimester integrated tests today...it was awesome to see my baby...we could make out its face, limbs...and see heart the heart fluttering on the screen....the doc made us to hear the heartbeat on doppler....my hubby was so excited...it was a nice experience...:)

hey this is my fav video on youtube...if interested watch it..it is 4D ultrasound...we are also planning to get this done..but this is done only in private clinics and is quite expensive....

YouTube - Payton's 30 week 3D/4D Ultrasound

10. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Dearmost AnithaA,

Good know that you are reaching your seemantham stage............thats really beautiful isnt it.............God Almighty is really great.....see he has made you so happy by sharing your feelings with all those ladies who are delivering babies.

Dear friends,

Wish you all a safe delivery with a healthy baby....................and a good time with your babies inside you all..........enjoy your pregnancy........