Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Re: Curds

Hi Raji,

I used Pauls as a starter. Maybe I should Vishnu. I have beeing boiling the milk and using a tbsp to set it once in 2-3 days now. I will try to do as you say and I will let you know too..

( So I am not the one who has this problem! Drowning )

Poornima

2. blueygirls

blueygirls New IL'ite

Where to find herbs like...

:)Hey everyone. Does anyone know where to buy herbs like hibiscus powder,adimathuram, fenugreek powder, bhrami powder, bhingraj powder and herbs like this? All i managed to find was shikakai, amla and reetha. But i cant find Hesh brand though. Does anyone know where to get it from?

Also, neelibringadi oil and other oils. Western herbs like catnip, horsetail , rosemary and lavander flowers (not essential oil)? Thanks . I've been looking around for quite a while:bowdown

3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Re: Where to find herbs like...

Hi there,

I got hibiscus powder and amla pwd once in jothi flower shop, little india. rest i have no clue.

hope it helps,
    poornima

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

u get all of these in the jyothi shop n some of them u get it in mustaffa too.

bye
    raji

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi

For the other herbs, like catnip, horsetail, rosemary,lavender try

Chinese Medical shops near markets and also Eu Yan Suang.

6. blueygirls

blueygirls New IL'ite

Thanks poornima, raji and vijee for your helpful replies. :)

Raji.. Could you suggest generally which level of mustafa? I realised there are now 3 buildings.. if im not wrong. I managed to find basil leaves and normal oils that can be found at jhoti like coconut oil.

Vijee, could you suggest a market please? I live near the east and geylang market is the nearest.. but i havnt found any there so far. They only sell henna and things i can find at jhoti. Haha.. thats probably because its a malay market. :)

Your information has helped me a lot guys! Thanks! :rotfl

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi
    If you live in the east, then go to bedok. Near the bus interchange, there is a street full of shops, though i forgot the name of the street, it should be bedok south, near the library/NTUC there are 2/3 chinese medical halls and also Eu yan Suang-which sells chinese medicines and herbs. Try it out. If not simply go to Chinatownpoint,(not pagoda street) and also opposite to Sri Mariamman temple there are many chinese medical shops.

8. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi

pls do check in the level 1 just nearer to the shampoo n soap section.and i remember i had seen it in level 2 also near the pooja items.

but anyways if u check with any of the staff they will b of help.

hope it helps

bye
    raji

9. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Hi, Try jothi stores,they sure have it. Another place to check on is victoria wholesale market it's close to bugis.

10. blueygirls

blueygirls New IL'ite

Wow! Thanks all of you ! :) You've all been great help. I went to Jothi yesterday and got Hibiscus, Bhrami, Neem and Fenugreek powder.

As for the Western herbs, ive decided to not visit the Chinese shops as my mother didnt want me to as she said that they use animal products in some of their products.. At least ive got all my indian herbs !:)

Oh, and one more thing. Does anyone know where to get Shea Butter or Black Soap in Singapore? Ive been hunting for months on websites! Thanks! :):bowdown