1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Old Queries on Craft & Crochet work

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by manjuragha, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Mona2707

Mona2707 New IL'ite

Craft Works : Custom made Wedding Cards

Hi Everyone!

I am so impressed with your crafts. You are all such gifted and creative ladies. I too love to dabble in crafts but the availability of craft centres here in Malaysia is sorely lacking.

Would be so grateful if you gals can give me some tips or ideas for designing handmade wedding invitations. Another craft I am keen to pursue is wall art i.e. I came across a website for zardosi henna artwork and was wondering if I could use that technique for creating wall artwork such as an abstract of Ganesha or Buddha. Any suggestions!

Warmest regards
    Mona

2. shivani1234

shivani1234 Senior IL'ite

Craft Works - Materials -White Gum

hi, what is mean by white gum?. where can we get?
    How much does it cost?

3. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

re: Craft Works - Materials -White Gum

hi,
    You will get so many brand gums which is Thick & white color, like fevicol.
    You will get this in any craft shops. hardware shops.

v.k.

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

re: Craft Works : Custom made Wedding Cards

Hey Mona,

I managed to find a site which has great pic of handmade wedding invitations. Just looking at them & you can get an idea about how it's done. handmade wedding invitations, designer wedding stationery, wedding favours by Red Nell Designs

Or you could alternatively take some design ideas of how you want your invitation cards to look at Indian Wedding Invitations, Cards, Wedding Stationery and Scrolls & give it your own touch by taking some pointers from this site Start Making Greeting Cards At Home

Hope it helped. All the best & do share your work with us! :thumbsup

5. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

Re: Craft Works : Custom made Wedding Cards

very useful sites

6. hima

hima New IL'ite

Re: Craft Works : Custom made Wedding Cards

thanks for your information.

7. Gloryisallmine

Gloryisallmine New IL'ite

Craft Works :Candle Making

Hi All.....Finally....I m very happy to see a website which has everything....

I always wanted to learn candle making but never got an opportunity. I am staying at Kukatpally in Hyderabad...Does anyone of you know where I can get classes for candle making.......Please do let me know....

Thanks

8. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Re: Craft Works :Candle Making

Hi Glory ,

You can get "CANDLE MAKING KIT " these kits are available in all fancy stores or in BIGBAZAR or spencer stores also & this is a basic model this u can try it in the house itself . It costs around RS 50 to 60 only . in this set they will wax , moulds & colours . Last week itself i tried this its good, u can try this . Tommorrow i will give u a book name in that they have clearly given picture to picture description to make varietys of candles . ok bye:)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  9. Sulkypetal

Sulkypetal New IL'ite

Craft Works : Greeting Cards Printing

Hi,
    This community and the forums is a lovely idea and I wish everyone all the best with their ventures. From what I’ve read here you’ll often provide timely and important information. I had read about a lady in or Chennai who was doing greeting card business from home but have lost that thread.Any answers from you’ll in this forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in anticipation.I request basic tutorial from anyone here. I draw but am very unsure of supplies available in India
    Please bear with any questions that seem silly! Have tried to be clear and summarize my questions below. Scenario: I want to make some cards for Christmas and do some art based therapy for myself.
    I will not order prints immediately.
    1. For cards that would not be printed, I can put up on walls, or give away, concern is about good quality paper.
    Q: What paper stock should I ask for, at the paper store/art store? That is thickness, brand name, or generic name such as watercolor paper etc. General purpose mat, etc. I don’t really do water-color, just markers with slight use of water and pencil.
    2. Are Berol-Prsima Markers available in India. I haven’t shopped much for art supplies, only Dadar in Mumbai. Haven’t seen it there. Do you know?
    Which are good , least toxic, least smelly fixative sprays I can use for charcoal and pencil drawings?
    3. When I go to a printer, so that I don’t appear completely daft, and get taken for a ride (which I have when I’d made some visiting cards because there was artwork on it
    Q: What is the normal print run one can ask for?
    100, 200 etc.
    Please give some idea for pricing structure- just some idea, am in Mumbai and I think it is more expensive here.
    Q: Any standard paper sizes printers who run cards perefer. Such as your couple of favorite Hallmark sized cards. 5
    Q: Any terms, such as pantone, gravure printing, colorbleed that I need to be aware of to take with me to the printer?
    I can research further on my own on that, but at least if you tell me, “yeah you need to know this”, I’ll do that. Or “No, it’s Ok, for a small run, no sweat.”
    Q: Any paper preference I should ask printer for?
    This ‘small’ tutorial became pretty exhaustive?! Again thanks for your time and patience.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  10. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

re: Craft Works : Greeting Cards Printing

hi,

May be the pdf attachment is of some use to you. Your questions are too technical for me. But still we have experts in Indusladies to guide you. Let us see. Meanwhile you can view this attachment.

Attached Files: