1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

shall i tel or not to tel

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rupi, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am not sure if someone has already posted similar one.I was thinking a lot on posting this thread. I was not prepared to reveal my personal matters but I feel this forum is too good that we can freely express our feelings to others.

Actually my MIL plays double game. She takes care of me like anything in front of my hunny and acts weird in his absence.

I can easily find the way she behaves in both the situation. And i really cant digest all this. If she really doesnt like me she has to be the same even in front of my hubby. But since she acts in fornt of my hubby, my hubby thinks that my MIL loves me a lot.

So my concern is do i need to tell each and everything that MIL does to me or its better not to tell anything to him and be calm...

Pls advice...

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

IMO, you have to tell your hubby in a polite manner. ask him what do you need to do in that situation. make him understand that you don't hate you MIL. I think this would work out well.

3. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Rupi
    How long have u been married? Just wait for some more time. Try to understand her better. There is no point in telling yr hubby about HIS MOTHER who thinks she loves u. U will definitely know the reason for her behaviour. when everything is clear either u can convince yr hubby abt his mother or yr mil may change her attitude towards u and start loving u really.
    Regards
    Uma

4. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I doubt it would make any difference telling your husband he might not believe
    you.Because what he sees is a different side of his mother. He might think you are trying to create differences between them. It would depend on how long you are married and how much your husband trusts you. It is a very delicate situation. I think you need to give it some time.

5. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

hai
    Do the same to her...I mean pretend to be very nice to her in ur husband presence and be normal in his absence. ignore her acts and teach her a lesson. She neither can go and complain to ur husband about it.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

It wont make a difference. Its always you are the lier. My parents and sister are good you just misunderstand.Even though my in laws and SIL told bad about me in front of my husband too. Still he said these things. With you,it will be a long shot here for your husband to believe.

7. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

Guys,
    Thanks for sharing ur thoughts. Its been 2 years since i got married. And i think that better i should wait for some more years to make my MIl realize the truth.

But til then it has become a worrying factor for me. We r going to return back to India and since my baby is just 5 months old, i have to be at home til she completes 1 year then only i can go for job.

But til then i have to tolerate my MIL. And i dont think i have that much of patience...

8. sh2004

sh2004 New IL'ite

Dont even tell your husband any thing make him realize, if you tell even something, things may go worst and since you are married for 2 years its really difficult for you to fight mentally or verbally with your MIL and husband.

Thats the mistake I did I use to tell my husband every thing what my mother inlaw tell and if i tell her some thing back and he use to tell me dont tell her any thing back you are a good perso so dont speak back. And when things go so worst even thugh if she tell me in front of him he tells its my fault and i am person who dont respect his parents.

so now for silly reasons We end up fighting and not talking to each other for weeks.

so better learn tricks from your mother inlaw and apply same to her.
    I bet this will work.

9. N@!Sr!

N@!Sr! Senior IL'ite

Hi, Rupi
    Do not get disheartened. I am also in the same boat as you are.Drowning
    I initially told each and everything to my DH thinking that he will trust me coz our dating was almost for 5years pre-marriage. To my surprise he never did understand a bit of my pain or furstration.:eek:mg:

He never showed any amount of trust on me within these 2 years of our marriage whenever his family members are in picture. I stopped telling him everything as I came to know he is not with me. My MIL too plays a double role. She is sugar coated infront of my hubby and when he is away, she shows her true color. My DH thinks that his mom is another Mother Teresa. Whenever, I told him that his mom not only insulted me, but also my parents. Do you know whats the question I received from my DH instead of an answer?
    "Give me a logic why would my mother insult your parents or you?? I have never seen my mom utter a word infront of my dad till now. Then how can she do that to you??"

The fact is my MIL plays double game with my FIL too. She hides almost everything from her hubby and tries to show him (my FIL) that she is the most innocent creature in this world who does not know anything out of her world of kitchen.

So, my advice to you would be to leave it for sometime and try to ignore. DH and his family will never change. So eventhough you ignore certain things try not to become a doormat. Let's see what time gives us...

All the best my friend!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  10. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

yeah sh2004 and NA!SR!@..

wat u said is true. They see thr parents with diff angel so its diff for them to understand.

I have to be matured enough so that I stop telling everything to my hubby... Lets hope..

Things will change some or the other day..

thanks guys for sharing ur thoughts.

Its me who is suppose to be with patience...