Hello September 2008 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by padmavathy, Feb 27, 2008.

1. meghakapoor

meghakapoor New IL'ite

Hello,

Yep I guess we all are waiting for our babies and some may be busy with the baby already. I am eagerly waiting for my baby to come out, see and hold the baby. Baby shopping is almost over, had baby shower and my in-laws are here too. So far I am doing fine.

Regards,

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  2. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am doing fine and nearing my due date.Doctor checked my cervix and it's closed. Looks like I would go past my due date and if I don't deliver within 42 weeks,I would be induced in this month end. I am just praying for my baby to come out before that as all of us are very eager to hold her and just can't wait any longer. I guess some of our friends would have already delivered and some others are just waiting.
    Happy pregnancy and motherhood to everyone here!!

3. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Vnbaby, Megha, hemsat, and other sep moms,

Nice to hear that you are doing gr8. I am doing fine too, waiting for the baby to come out. Though EDD is 23rd, there is speculation from relatives that pain could start on 15th as it is a full moon day. Not sure how true that is going to be. Went for checkup today and everything is normal so far. Though eagerly waiting for the baby, i am sometimes feeling jittery thinking about the pain. I read in a book that fear is the enemy for labor. The book said that sometimes we percieve these different sensations as pain and that sends a wrong message to the brain and chain reactions take place which lead the real pain to supervene. So i am trying to be calm, always telling myself that it is going to be a new different sensation and not pain. Sometimes I feel so anxious that I want the pain to start immediately and deliver soon. But at other times, I feel so anxious that I feel that a C-section would be better, to escape from labor. I think i am getting so obsessed wth all this. anyway, i am trying to remain calm. This is how i am feeling...are u ladies feeling the same way?

Pooja has delivered in august itself, saw the birth announcement. Whatz happening with others...I hope everyone is doing fine.

Wish you all a safe and easy delivery and a healthy baby. May God be with all of us through this time.

Take care ladies
    Radhee.

4. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Like Radhee said, I changed from a september mom to an august mom. My EDD was September 2, but my son was born 3 weeks early on August 14th itself. My waters broke on August 13 and the doctor gave me 18 hours to deliver naturally but at the end of the alloted time, I was just 4 cms dilated so I had to have a c-section. He was 7.5 pounds at birth and 20 inches long.

Due to my gestational diabetes, his sugars were low so he was in the NICU for 4 days for that and then 1 additional day for a mild case of jaundice. But he has been home since then and by the grace of god doing well healthwise.

My son's name is Aadit Krish and he will be 1 month old tomorrow :)

Wishing all september mommies the very best. Sleep and rest as much as you can because once the baby comes, you will not sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time ;-)

Cheers,

Pooja

5. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

I am glad to inform that I delivered my baby boy on 16th Sept. It was a normal delivery. We are doing fine.

Pooja, how is Aadit doing? Nice name. Have ur blood sugars returned to normalcy?

Other september moms, eager to know whether you have delivered. Since, there has not been any mesg from anyone, i hope everyone has delivered and is busy with your babies....Good wishes to you and ur babies..Do post the birth anouncement and birth story when u get time...

Enjoy motherhood ladies...

Radhee

6. Happysoul1234

Hi Radhee,

Congrats on the birth of your baby ... what is his name? Sept 16 is also my father's birthday .. virgo's are the nicest people on earth :)

Aadit is doing fine cant believe he is almost 7 weeks old now. Time flies! My sugars are also normal now.

Good luck and best wishes for motherhood .. it is a trip!

Hope all other september mommies are doing well.

Cheers,

Pooja

7. hemsat

hemsat New IL'ite

Hi pooja, radhee and other sep mommies,

I delivered my baby girl on 23rd september. We have named our baby girl Sahana. Me and baby are doing fine. I hope other mommies are also doing fine. Wooh...breastfeeding is very challenging..trying to be patient and working on it..how is it going for you moms?

Happy motherhood to all!

8. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Dear Hemsat & Pooja,

Hemsat, congrats! Hope ur baby is doing fine...

So how do you girls find being a mom? Its highly demanding na? Initial few days will be very difficult, esp the first week when your stitches are healing and when you have to breastfeed round the clock. My little one is 2 weeks now and now its little better with the stitches having healed.

I think we now have to move to the infants forum, to talk more abt our little ones and abt motherhood...Hope to see u girls there...

Take care of yourselves and ur little ones...Hugs to Aadit and Sahana...

Radhee.

9. Happysoul1234

Hi Radhee,

Congrats on the arrival of your LO. Life is demanding and sleepless but rewarding nevertheless now :)

My first week after delivery was spent recovering from the c-section and waiting for my son to come out of the NICU. So BF was out of question, especially since my milk did not come in until 5 days after delivery. Then I had a severe constipation problem and bad body ache for another week after that. But now life has a somewhat regular pattern and I manage to sneak out of the house for an hour or two each day to go to the mall ;-) while mom takes care of aadit. That little outing is such a life-saver, even though I end up shopping just for aadit .. he he

Hope all's well for all other september mommies.

Cheers,

Pooja