Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahila

mahila New IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

hi all,
    this is swetha from chennai.Heard about this site from friends . I am a teluguspeaking woman too.hope to be friends with you all. happy women's day in advance to you all
    best wishes,
    swetha.

2. latagilbert1

latagilbert1 New IL'ite

me, my self

hello, i am lata born and broughtup in calcutta was a teacher in donbosco school married to gilbert and settled in chennai have two children Venus myelder daughter married and is working inANZ bank as aquality team leader in banglore and she is going to make me grandma in the month of june .My second child is Romeo working in scop international as a quality analiest. i love to listen old hindi songs ,love spending time with kids that is the reason i take tutions at home. love to make friends,play online games,watch malyalam flims and ofcourse ektakapoors serials. That'all for now . Bye take care.

3. rekhaprahalad

rekhaprahalad New IL'ite

who am I

hello everybody,

HAPPY HOLI

I am a homemaker with grownup kids got plenty of time at hand with nothing much to do. interested in wide range of things. will be joining some of the gps. want to make friends on net.

4. ashjensingh

ashjensingh New IL'ite

Just Joined

Hi Everybody,
    I am Asha Jennifer Singh , born in beautiful Nagercoil-neighbour of God's own country lived half my growing years in Madurai and Bahrain. Married for 15 years ,my hubby is a govt. official and we have 3 kids--- a son aged 15 and 2 daughters aged 10 and 9. We keep moving our residence once in 2 years due to the different posting we get and I now live in Trichy.

I did my schooling in The Indian School Bahrain and in The Railway School in Madurai . I have a Masters and an M Phil in English Literature. I did my UG at the Lady Doak College , PG at American College and M Phil at Thiagarajar Arts College.

My hobbies are browsing, gardening and craft. I love to make friends. :)

Hope to meet a lot of friends here

5. Minerva

Minerva New IL'ite

Minerva saying HI to all you good people

Hi I am Minerva joined this interesting group a couple of months ago, but never really got down to introducing myself.... a bit of work pressure and procrastination are to blame :-D
    I was born in Kurnool Andhra pradesh when hospital births were a novelty and may be only for the 'rich'...have lived in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai... can speak read and write all south Indian languages except Malayalam; my tamil may sound a bit accented ; I can manage basic konkani and tulu and my mother tongue is Hindi. Although I am supposedly a linguist of sorts - my husband thinks so....many people wonder how a hindi speaking person can speak so many south Indian languages - the answer ofcourse is becoz I was fortunate to live in cosmopolitan Bangalore !
    Having married a Tamil and since my husband knows only English and Tamil, my family communicate in English all the time . A son working in California and a daughter in her final year of school aspiring to go for her graduate studies in Berkley Calif....
    I have had a fantastic and a much varied work life, from being a market researcher for HLL to Lab technician and scientist at a pharma company; followed by 22 years as commercial attache / trade and investment adviser for the British Embassy in India.....
    now after a VRS in 2005 am now a industry consultant focused on the healthcare and agrifood sector.
    I enjoy doing what I do, although my daughter does believe I am a painful perfectionist
    rarely do I get a chance to speak about myself.... so this was a good exercise....
    oh by the way I love to cook, and my favourites are vegetarian Indian recipes from all parts of India... I try and not repeat a recipe for 30 days and do all my own cooking which is really breakfast and dinner. I have house help to do all the grunge work, so that is great support...

6. Minerva

Minerva New IL'ite

Re: Who am i?

Hi Pravina
    I joined IL in December last, but hardly had time to be a regular ... seeing your profile here was interesting simply becoz of our similar ages - I am 54 work as a Business Strategy consultant live in Chennai and California - my son lives in Calif. . I travel atleast once a year to the UK on business, my next visit is likely to be in September 07.
    I used to be a keen hobby gardner and cook, but these days have time only for cooking as a relaxation therapy.... I love to cook Indian vegetarian and some meditarranean dishes... but my husband and daughter who is finishing school next year prefer meat and chicken...
    Interestingthat you arrange activity for seniors, this is one thing that Indian cities will need to learn to do soon if only to keep the physical and mental agility going...
    my mum lives near my home in Chennai , in an independent flat and manages everything including cooking etc. for herself. She is 78 years old and very fit.... however, i am familiar with a numbr of her friends who all meet for an early morn walk on the beach, 70% of my neighbours are seniors 70+, who are terribly unfit and amazed that my mum is self contained... wish there was community activity organised for the seniors here too... In chennai, it is usually temples, and religious activity.. while this may satisfy this generation of seniors, i think when I reach that age, it may not suffice for me and my peers....
    Minerva

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  7. SaradhaMahadevan

SaradhaMahadevan New IL'ite

Just Introducing myself

I'm Saradha Mahadevan. Worked as a teacher for 17 yrs. in a Private School .
    I'm retired 3 years back. Interested in Carnatic & Melodious songs of Illiyaraja.
    Like to Join in your Community. Thanx a lot. :2thumbsup:

8. yamine

yamine New IL'ite

Hi Ladies/Girls,

My Name is Yamini from Bangalore, staying in London.
    I am married and house wife.

The site is very very good. Thanks for all people who contribuing to the site.

Cheers,
    Yamini

9. umayal

umayal New IL'ite

Hello my name is umayal.

10. umayal

umayal New IL'ite

Hello my name is umayal. I am from madras . I live in usa . I am married . I have two children. Currently I am working in a bank industry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.