1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 12

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 28, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,
    My original aim was to fill the entire serial with boundless, selfless, unlimited love. Given my abilities I could do it only in one episode. As you have rightly pointed out love permeates all the characters in the serial. The reason is that love is the best alchemy known to man.
    In a way this serial is also a kind of alchemist with a difference. The alchemist changes base metals into precious metals. In this case this serial changes precious metals like you into even more precious ones.
    thanks for your kind wishes,
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

My dear daughter Vidya,
    Only after reading your post did I heave a sigh or relief. Having assigned your good name to the heroine (and the hero bearing your hero's name) and as some of the events of the story got replicated in the real world, I was really anxious that Vidya's expression of love should be up to your expectation. Believe me, Vidya, writing the episode was like carving a statute. With the only difference that while sculpting you always tend to chip the excess stone away; you cannot add anything. Not with writing. The original episode was 3800 words long. Thanks to my "sculpting" about 1400 words were added later, all to emphasise Vidya's love for Arun. I am happy that I have passed the test.
    And thanks a lot for your congratulatory message. And now lies before me the greater test. Well I walked up 4.50 kms yesterday to Nehru Alalasundara Vinayakar temple and as I was walking the next scenes of ALS unfolded before me.
    What I am doing in writing ALS is not creation but a mere transcription.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Sriniketan,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes.
    love,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks a lot,Chocolate. That really sends shivers through me for I have to do well in the next episode.
    love,
    sridhar

5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Sridhar

You are really Cho-Chweet..Loved Vidya's recapitulation of all the salient facts that proved her immense love for Arun..This is truly 'Deivega Kadhal'(Could we call ALS in tamil this way!!!!)..The love Vidya shared with Arun and the vice versa is amazing and that too feeling those expressions off Kamla is really a bliss..How expressive everyone was in this episode cannot be expressed but only felt..Naren's instantaneous response to fill one baggage with his gifts for Arun is beautiful..Showed the directors touch!!!!!!! Sridhar these days if several stories of different writers are placed in front of me, i think i am confident that i will identify my dear Dad's writing with minimal difficuilty..I love your style of introducing small scenes that convey deep expressions within them..Some of them to name in this episode is, Kamla's beaming happiness and asking Cho-Chweet Naren to pack a box full of items for our dear Vidu and our Dear arun, and Naren volunteering to pack another bag full of gifts for Vidya and Arun, Vidya portraying her love by expressing her anger towards ambuja and on the other hand showing her dutiful respects for Kumar and Kamla by taking atmost care of them..

Sridhar i think i can go on and on without punctuations but the feeling of reading this episode is eternal and has brought out my 'Flashback' several times. Arun has'nt read the episode yet since he was pretty busy with his cricket match..I started to him this noon and he told me that he will read it tomorrow..So will surely let you know his opinions..

Sridhar before i end, my DH Arun sent me his first proposal with the greeting card that had this beautiful verses of William Yeats who is my all time favourite poet....I wanted to post this but never got the time to dig into my suitcase. Kept it ready for today's post..Here it is for your wonderful writing Sridhar..

"When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
    And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
    And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
    Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
    How many loved your moments of glad grace,
    And loved your beauty with love false or true,
    But one man loved the pilgrim Soul in you,
    And loved the sorrows of your changing face;
    And bending down beside the glowing bars,
    Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
    And paced upon the mountains overhead
    And hid his face amid a crowd of stars."

I was moved and showed this to my dad and asked for his permission....

A lovely episode with a heart brimming epilogue..It was like having a full meals in our Adarsha mangai Chithraji's house..A very well spread feast to our dear heart and specially because of your emphasis on me being the heroine, i felt it more...Such was the pleasure i had when i completed the episode..I will keep you in my prayers Dad for more success to come your way....

With lots of love i will continue to wait for the next episode..

Love
    Vidya

Dear Sridhar

Arun just completed the episode and told me that he remembered the days when he proposed to me and the time we spent convincing our parents..He said looking at Kamla and Kumar all that flashed before him was Rajamani's and prema's face..Ha ha (my mom and Dad)..Anyways the first words of Arun when i got up was "Vidya i read this episode and it was sensational"

Sorry for editing the original post of mine..

Love
    Vidya

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  6. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Hi Sridhar..

Congratulations first on all your achievements!!!!!!
    You r wonderful...lovely episode...became really emotional the way vidya confesses her love for Arun to Kamla..
    great going sridhar.....
    Again you have put me in waiting for you next episode......this wait is gonna be fruitful as always :)

regards
    Sona

7. krithi_swami

krithi_swami New IL'ite

hello Sir

I have been reading this story from Episode-1.
    The story has resided in my heart.

I want Vidya and Arun to meet and get united.
    Please do not introduce a chapter of aircrash in the flight that Arun is going to travel. I cant take it.

Waiting for the next chapter..

:)

8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Wonderful episode.The scenes were moving a jet speed if i can call it so.The scenes between Kamala and Vidya were so fantastic.Your describing Arun as the base Alchemist was simply superb!!:thumbsupEntire episode was surely a trance.The characters, as i said earlier are having a huge competition to outdo others in showering their love.
    Sridhar, ALS is so full of positive things, approach and most of all...each character shed their utmost unconditional love on each other which makes the best reading.
    I get positive vibes after i read ALS!!

A BIG CONGRATS on your achievement.Thanks for the Daughter day wishes too :)

Waiting eagerly for the next shot of goodness and love!!

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    First (though I seem to be late) let me congratulate you for all the good things that has been happening in your life. I am waiting for sisters' day if there is any!
    This is what makes our day, the acknowledgement from our children. What a proud moment it must have been for you!
    At last the secret is out! So we can wait for another treat.
    How long would you continue to call yourself a start up writer?
    Congratulations once more for your story 'Gandhari' having been short-listed for publishing, what with your competitors being established writers(Pazham thinRu kottai pottavargal-in the field of writing).
    Now a few words about episode 12-
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    Beautiful! I can't think of any other expression!
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    If every couple in this world could outbeat each other in expressing Love what a beautiful world this would be sans ego!
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
    It needs courage to forgive and a large heart to forget and our hero Arun Kumar has both and thus deserves these words from Karthik.
    On the whole, a love story brimming with Love as we Ilites bask in Love, Sridhars untainted Love!
    Love,
    Malathi

10. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear sridhar,:thumbsup

It was a very heart touching and superb episode . I will surely send a detailed Fb soon.

cheers...pooja:cheers