1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"when Love Is Not Madness, Its Not Love" - The True Blessing.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Jul 17, 2019.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 68:

Veni woke up as her phone rang. It was 5.45 and it was her mom’s cousin.

“Hello… Aunty…Where are you?” – Veni

“Good morning Veni. Am standing outside your main door. People at your home might be sleeping na. So I didn’t want to press the calling bell. Can you come and open the door?” – Gayathri aunty

“Ok. I will come now”- Veni got up from bed and Rishi woke up.

“My aunt has come. Come lets receive her”- Veni

“Ok.”- Rishi was getting down from the bed

Both walked towards the main door and Gayathri was standing outside with a wide smile.

“Good morning both of you”- She smiled

“Come inside aunty”- Veni

“Good morning aunty. Please come.”- Rishi

“So how are you Rishi? Any vague memory of seeing me in your wedding?”- Gayathri aunty asked softly as they reached their room.

“Aunty….. actually…”- Rishi hesitated

“I understood”- Gayathri smiled

Gayathri aunty was in her mid forties and she was looking like a thirty plus. She was wearing a dark blue jean and a white short kurti to compliment that. Her hair was tied into a pony tail. A small gold stud on her ears and a bagpack. She was crisp and neat.

“Aunty… there is the bathroom. You can refresh”- Rishi

“Thank you so much. I will first do that”- Gayathri aunty said as she took her hand towel.

Veni murmured as Gayathri aunty locked herself inside the bathroom.

“No wonder why everyone hates her….”- Veni said as she started folding her blanket.

“Why?! Everyone hates her?”- Rishi asked taking his blanket in his hands

“Yeah! Everyone hates her in the family. Even her own kids…” – Veni

“What????” – Rishi was shocked

“Yeah! My mom never allowed me to talk to her much… Everyone were afraid that she is a bad influence for their daughters” – Veni

“Come on….She seems to be very sensible…” – Rishi

“Its not even 10 minutes since you met her. How do you say that?”- Veni

“She stood outside patiently without pressing the calling bell just because everyone is sleeping. How thoughtful…”- Rishi said and walked away to the wash area

“yeah….but I didn’t think of that”- Veni thought.

“Aunty... tea or coffee?” – Veni asked

“Coconut. Do you have one?” – Gayathri aunty

“Yeah. I will bring from the fridge”- Veni started to walk towards the fridge frowning her face.

“No dear. Wait. Is there any vegetable shop near by?”- Gayathri aunty

“Yeah aunty. But I do have at home.”- Veni showed her the coconut pieces wrapped inside an almost wet plastic cover.

“No dear. I use only fresh coconut for preparing coconut milk. I will just go and buy”- Gayathri aunty said as she took her purse.

Veni stood quiet.

“Rishi….Have your coffee”- Veni stood as such

“Thank you! Where is she?”- Rishi asked as he tasted the coffee.

“Seems she will have coconut milk in empty stomach and that too with fresh coconut. Too much na….”- Veni made faces

“Is it?” – Rishi asked calmly

“Don’t you feel its annoying? She is a guest here. She can have all these rituals once she goes back to her home na…” – Veni

“Did she ask you to prepare coconut milk for her?”- Rishi

“No”- Veni

“Asked you to buy coconut?”- Rishi

“No”- Veni

“Asked you money to buy coconut?”- Rishi

“No”- Veni replied and Rishi walked away and washed his coffee cup.

Veni stood quietly

“But her dress….”- Veni started

“That’s her decision. She wants herself to show that way to the society. May be she is comfortable. May be she likes pony tail.”- Rishi said and walked away

"And by the way, she looks neat and decent enough in that attire" - Rishi said and Veni looked at him angrily.

"You have got problem Veni ……if people being happier annoys you"- Rishi was bold enough this time.

“What???? Am I a sadist?”- Veni raised her voice

“Vijaya aunty is coming down from the terrace”- Rishi warned her and walked away

Veni stood angrily. He never dares to talk to me like this. What happened to him suddenly. Veni was annoyed.

“Good morning Veni….”- Vijaya aunty smiled and Gayathri aunty walked in with a fresh coconut.

“Good morning aunty. This is my aunt gayathri”- Veni introduced

“Hello”- Gayathri smiled and Vijaya aunty reciprocated.

Vijaya aunty was looking graceful with flowers adorning her long straight hair.

“Beautiful flowers!”- Gayathri aunty

“Thank you”- Vijaya aunty smiled.

“Rishi…. Dry the clothes…Its time”- Veni

“Veni…I am leaving early today. Forgot? “- Rishi

“Oh yeah” – Veni put all the clothes in the bucket and went to the terrace.

She was surprised to see what was happening in the terrace.

peddadas, Madhurima21 and happyperson like this.
  2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. IniyaaSri

Thank you for the comment. Posting the next episode : )
    Do let me know your thoughts after reading the next episode :)
    Have a lovely day ahead. : )

happyperson likes this.
  4. IniyaaSri

Episode 69:

Both Gayathri aunty and Vijaya aunty were sitting together and happily talking to each other as if they know each other well.

“You both are here?! Talking as if college mates?”- Veni tried to smile hiding her annoyance.

“We are just getting to know each other…”- Gayathri aunty smiled

“Oh…”- Veni

Anyways you both are going to go away in different directions in a week. Why all this drama – Veni frowned and pretended to be casual.

“Veni! We will dry the clothes”- Both came forward.

“No its ok”- Veni was reluctant.

“Come on! We will do that. You go and do some other work. “- Vijaya aunty

It was 8 o clock and both came to the kitchen together.

“Veni dear! Do not cook anything for us. We are planning about exploring an organic restaurant nearby.”- Gayathri aunty said.

Gayathri aunty was dressed in pale blue jean and plain black shirt while Vijaya aunty was looking crisp in a pleated cotton saree and a yellow rose behind her ears.

“Oh ok. “But I prepared sambar” – Veni.

“Sorry dear. We should have told this earlier. But we will have that for dinner. Already you are working hard at home taking good care of everyone here. Do not worry. We won’t waste the food”- Vijaya smiled.

Veni smiled with mixed emotions.

Am I taking good care? Am not even happy here – She said to herself and stood quiet.

Both the ladies left happily and Veni went with her routine. She served breakfast for her in laws and started washing vessels. All her random thoughts popped up whenever she washed vessels.

“Hmmm… Same routine…Washing vessels…same faces…cooking…” – Veni frowned

“If my dad was like before, I would have been his princess…Anyways this stupid Rishi wont accept anything from my house… Idiot. He is good. But idiot”- She said to herself.

From nowhere her school memories popped out… She thought about Vamsi for a second and she did not not want to further think about him because of that incident which she always wanted to forget in her life.

She could not believe what was happening in her life. She was almost treated like a princess at her home. She was the class topper, school topper, college beauty, her grandma’s favourite, her father’s princess…but now she felt as if she was worthless, and her life is becoming shapeless.

Grandma….She used to love her grandma and she was the complete influence on her. But now she got mixed emotions after knowing how she treated her mother for years. Very often she thinks about her mother crying over phone. That one phone call. She can never forget.

Was my grandma good?

If she was good, will she treat my mother like that?

Was she just trying to dominate everyone at home and blindly pampered me?

Veni was getting more and more thoughts….. Once she spoke with her dad about grandma and Veni did not know how to react after knowing the truth.

“Your grandma did not like you getting married to someone out of the community. So she decided never to talk to you. But she loved you blindly that not talking to you almost made her sick and she herself killed her.”- Veni got reminded of her father’s words.

It was very painful for Veni and she did not know where did she go wrong. She always wanted to please her grandma. But only once she was stubborn. Just for Rishi. And that turned out like this?

Veni was getting immersed in the thoughts. She saw the time and it was noon already.

She prepared lunch and took some rest.

“Hi darling! Good evening”- Rishi

“Came early?”- Veni smiled

“Yes. Shall we go the terrace and spend some time?”- Rishi smiled and Veni instantly became happy.

Both went to the terrace and Veni leaned on his shoulders. Rishi held her hand and both were gazing at the peach clouds.

“Nice na… after a very long time”- Veni smiled

“Even last week we came here”- Rishi said

“Yeah but…”- Veni

“Hmmmm…you are happy right…that’s enough…”- Rishi smiled and held her hand tightly.

Veni smiled and both loved that moment.

“I think its time. Shall we go down? Got to prepare tea for the old ladies” – Veni.

“Vijaya aunty and Gayathri aunty?”- Rishi sounded annoyed.

“Yeah yeah! Full of old people at home and thank God we got some time like this”- Veni made faces

“Shall I tell you something?”- Rishi asked seriously and Veni was expecting Ï Love you after a long time.

She smiled without knowing that she is going to be in pain and tears the next minute.

5. IniyaaSri

Posting the next episode tomorrow morning IST :)

happyperson likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Lucid easy flow readable paragraphs well balanced black-white ratio all makes it interesting read and for sure a vicarious feel . Good story telling as if I hear close to my illiterate grandma.
    Two grand old ladies in open terrace discuss home management while bucketful of washed clothes awaits to be put on dry line after clearing the wrinkles....

I had a neighbour with his mother and mil both in their 60 + . One was modern (M)-outgoing-smart vivacious and glib talker and the other orthodox, reticent and conservative (O). My friend's young daughter liked dad's lovely ma M but never liked to accompany mom's mom O to temple. But a year or two later after her puberty, the girl changed her loyalty to 'O' & I hv seen her readily accompanying O to temples, discourses & bhahjans and also maintain with gusto her liking M too. I used to wonder what has caused this change in her!

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed every line @IniyaaSri, please keep writing.

IniyaaSri and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Episode 70:

Yes please darling! – Veni smiled and her eyes were eager

“You are old Veni! You keep addressing everyone else as old. But you are the one! You are too old” – Rishi.

Veni’s eyes were immediately moist and his words instilled pain in her.

Before she could speak, they heard the main gate opening sound and it was them.

“Hey love birds….” – Both waved their hands towards the couple.

Veni got irritated seeing their happy faces.

How come they are happy all the time Veni thought seeing Vijaya aunty and Gayathri aunty.

“I know what you are thinking” - Rishi

Veni looked at him with moist eyes.

“You cant stand them being happy right” – Rishi

“Yes. I don’t understand how they dress like this at this age. That too she is single and…” – before Veni could complete, Rishi gave her a disgusting look and started to move away from that place.

“What?! Why are you going?” – Veni raised her voice

“I didn’t want to say this. But your grandma has passed all her ugly thoughts to you Veni” – Rishi

“Yes! Am ugly! My thoughts are disgusting!” – Veni broke down and her tears were dripping from her cheeks.

Rishi did not want to talk anything.

“What was my mistake! I was good throughout my life. I just grew up, how my family wanted me to. I just studied how my family wanted me to. You are the only choice I made and you are making me suffer like this” – Veni cried and Rishi watched her

“I have everything and everyone and still nothing and no one” – Veni cried

“But these ladies they dont care about anyone and still they are happy” – Veni said wiping her tears

Rishi was calm.

“you know na…I was the princess at my home and now its all about my brother. The brother who brought all sorts of shame to the family and my dad. But today he is completely happy and settled with his life. But me??? What was my mistake? I was always good! I was always the topper. But today what am doing. Standing and crying like this. The topper in school and college doing housekeeping. Tell me. I studied just to cook and clean your kitchen?” – Veni cried

“I have told you multiple times to get in to a job. But it was you who wasn’t interested.” – Rishi

“Yes! Am the reason for everything” – Veni walked towards the steps wiping her tears.

She walked fast to her room. She ignored Vijaya and Gayathri who were preparing tea for everyone.

She took her huge backpack and filled all her clothes and accessories. Rishi watched her calmly.

She wore her sandals and walked out of the house with her huge backpack.

“We do not know whether we should talk about this or stay quiet about this” – Gayathri aunty said

“Its ok aunty. You carry on.” – Rishi said and walked to his room. His parents were quietly watching everything.

Veni got into an auto wiping her tears. She was all angry and frustrated.

Her phone rang and it was her mother in law.

“Hello! It was all because of you my life is like this now! Just go away somewhere! No no! stay there happily! I will never come back to you” - Veni yelled and cried

“Its ok don’t cry!” – The lady driver said.

“Akka please! Mind your business” – Veni cried again.

“Why marriage life is hell?” – Veni asked as she cried again

“Why do I have all the problems. Worst husband, worst in laws, no work, no money my life is hell” – Veni started venting out and the lady driver was consoling her as she drove.

Again her phone rang and it was Rishi. She cut the phone and felt like throwing it away.

“Heyyyy. If you don’t want the phone, give it to me girl” – as the auto driver said Veni kept her phone in her sling bag.

“Everything will be fine! Don’t worry” - The driver said as Veni got down infront of that huge house.

“Thanks” – Veni got back the change and entered her dad’s house.

Her mom opened the door and found why she has come all of a sudden.

“Have some water.” – Her mom said as she gave her the water bottle.

“Don’t ever think of advising me to get back to that house. I will be here forever” – Veni said firmly.

“Advise? Have you ever listened to me? Not even once! You have your share on this house. You can stay as long as you want” – Her mom said and sat beside her.

“What about your son and darling daughter in law?” – Veni frowned.

“They have important work rather than interfering in other’s life” – Mom

“You mean to say am jobless?” – Veni asked angrily

“No. I didn’t mean that” – Mom said flatly.

“Am going to stay here forever.” – Veni went inside her room and locked it without knowing that she will be back the same day.

9. IniyaaSri

Thanks for the encouraging words sir : ) Very happy about that : )
    And regarding (M) and (O) both are nice unless they influence the girl child in a good way and instill good values in her : )
    Thank you once again for all the encouragement sir : )
    Have a nice weekend sir : )

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. IniyaaSri

Thank you so much dear : )
    Thanks for the motivation! Means a lot! Made my day : )
    Have a lovely weekend : )

Thyagarajan likes this.