1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Tips For 40+ Women

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by mangaii, Jun 3, 2023.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@gknew i signed up for learning swimming. I did a trial class . Not sure if I will sign up for regular class. Somehow underwater breathing isn’t something I’m good at. I will probably work on my Pilates class.

gknew likes this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah true. I am taking a lots of medications in the last couple of years. Infact I gained lots of weight from the medications(55+ pounds).

I am trying hard to reduce the weight and my Dr wanted me to take the pills to reduce weight which will be my next step.
    I don't see any changes on my weight irrespective of diet and exercise in the last few weeks. My weight gain is mostly around the waist area and belly. It drastically changed my shape quicker.
    I an joining some fitness classes and see if that helps me.

mangaii likes this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Wow.. Awesome. Good luck!!
    I hope you will be able to get through it. I am the same and always scared of swimming. Never tried breathing under water.

I am joining some fitness classes to see if it helps me. I really want to reduce weight as mine is in very bad shape. All because of the side effects of the medicines I took. But no other choice. I hope I will be able to reduce some. My goal should be to reduce around 70lbs but I am just taking baby steps and goal of 10lbs first.

mangaii likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

@mangaii @gknew

Have you considered weight lifting? Women barely bulk up, only trim down. it takes months, even years for results, but they are long-lasting. And they prevent bone problems when in twilight years.

Please tell me what you think. Perhaps we can form support group on IL.

gknew likes this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Yesterday completed my Pilates workout and walking for an hour
    I completed the intro sessions for Pilates now I need to decide my membership. It is expensive and it is hard to get a spot in the class . I have decided not to continue swimming. Will be break today since I’m visiting a club today since they offer variety of fitness classes. Need to pick one and continue .

gknew likes this.
  6. aparnareplies

aparnareplies New IL'ite

This is what worked for me to reduce weight and maintain it. Hope it helps in some way. I am 40+

* Started tracking my calorie intake in myfitnesspal (there's a free version of the app). People have mixed opinion about tracking calories, but that's what helped me initially. You can set your goal weight and it will recommend the calorie intake. You can also track carbs. Ofcourse, with Indian food the measure is all approximate.
    * Started with Leslie 1 mile walk and today I can do up to 3 miles including HIIT and strength training. I have a goal of doing the walk 20-25 days in a month and I do the exercise first thing in the morning.
    * Kept outside eating to a minimum. Also an early dinner, by 7-7:30PM helps. I am not the one who can do intermittent fasting for 10-12 hours or more, but eating a light and early dinner really helped to maintain the weight.
    * 7-8 hours of sleep every night
    * Started doing yoga (simple hatha yoga postures). It really helped with getting my cycles regular.

gknew and shreepriya like this.
  7. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

good thread to follow up and keep it going. i like to join in here but its going to be next month after my one month vacation to india. till then i will be following all and good luck all... All the ladies You can do it..

i remember one song from rajinikanth movie.. jeevitham anthe porathamporatham lo undi jayam (any telugus can help here)... i forgot the movie name.. listen to this when working out... good inspiration song..:thumbup:

SuiDhaaga and gknew like this.