1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Your mansion in Chennai looks fantastic Viswa sir

It looks so grand and traditional. And I am sure you and your wife will enjoy the cool sea breeze sitting on your terrace and sipping filter coffee from brass tumblers.

Are you planning to shift to your home in Chennai soon?

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Sir,
    Congratulations. Your house looks beautiful. Still lots of work to be done though. I am glad the function went well.
    Hope you are relaxing a bit today.

Regards
    Uma

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

We have built an out house to move the girl who is known to us since she was 7 years old. We have helped her to graduate. She is now married and has a 7 year old daughter. She wants to raise her child in a nice environment. The child attended a test in a CBSC School nearby and passed. The admission was granted. I helped paying the school fee and she is moving to the out house on June 15th with her husband and child. She is going to look after the house and maintain it. She left her job and I have agreed to pay her every month to look after the house.

MalStrom, Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Viswamitra

She has already started shopping. She found a nice Unjal and we have decided to buy Studio Ebony furnitures. Even though they are expensive, we decided to make that one-time investment.

swarnamary and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Thank you Sir.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

The idea is to move as soon as possible. We would like our son to settle down soon choosing his life partner so that we can move peacefully. We have given green signal to let him choose whoever he wants to marry.

gamma50g and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Yes. The builder is good and he will finish the house soon. We are planning to furnish it after we receive the refund from income-tax.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

June 3rd- We all went to bed at 7:45 pm after dinner and woke up straight at 6 am in the morning. Whether it is physical and mental exertion or vibration, this sleep was helpful to recover from the stress. We removed all the flower arrangements and carefully packed all Tanjore painting and kept it in the Puja room drawer as we knew the workers may not know the value of such original painting and mishandle it.

We had to pack everything leaving only the camp cots and rolling bed we bought to sleep overnight. We put all the beds away in the storage and folded the cots for future use. We carefully loaded the beautiful Krishna idol that my friend’s family gifted lovingly and brought back to my in-laws place. This idol was 2.5 feet tall with the flute and excellent Peacock Blue color spread throughout the idol. I quietly watched this idol for good 10 minutes observing the beauty. A thought crossed my mind how did the maker of the idol visualized this? Then I remember the reading some place else a sculptor responding “I just removed everything that was not Krishna”. I compared it with life that is what really I need to do to be Godly and drop out all that is not Godly qualities.

We left the new house sharp at 8 am. Interestingly a few neighbors came to introduce themselves and appreciated our gesture to have sent food to their houses as some of them had death at home and could not participate personally.

On our way, we had an excellent coffee at A2B and bought some tiffin as we were all hungry. We reached our home by 9:30 am and back to normal life. I went to the bank as I am yet to settle the caterer and to my surprise the Vedic Scholar demanded more money from us and requested us to wire it. Later I came to know he is using the funds for a noble cause and felt good about contributing to it.

Tomorrow onwards, we need to begin our packing process as we have gathered already all the items we would like to buy in India. We normally courier it a day or two before our departure so that it will reach within 2 days after we arrive. It is hard to carry so many suitcases with a wheelchair passenger. We are already taking 4 suitcases and therefore food items and vessels Shoba bought will all go in the courier.

I am a Board Member in a not-for-profit organization in the US and there were some approvals I needed to attend today.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

So nice to read your kind act and hats off to you, Sir. :worship2: