1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Diaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 5, 2023.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I am glad there was a no rain predicted and CSK won the toss and elected to bowl. I still somehow have a premonition that GT will win the second title. When CSK won the play off in Chennai, it gave an opportunity for GT to peak their performance in the next game against MI. I feel had CSK lost the playoff, they would have fought well against MI and win the title this year. I could be totally wrong. I wish Dhoni gets one more title before he leaves IPL.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Super stumping by dhoni off jjadeja 67 for 1 @7.1 over.a rejoicing moment for csk though we lament two catching chances by bowler chahar. IST 20.05
    .05 . Huge hitter and run getter Gill - The Gill fear is over.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Reaction time 0.12s for dhoni stumping.
    Now shahar gone caught dhoni bold chahar. Chahar made amends for his missing thise two seemingly easy catches. 131for 2 at end of 14 overs
    I expect total runs 202+ at end of 20 over. Yorker bowled.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Our Vedic scholars asked for coins when they did homam. If you already know this fine else please check with your Vedic Scholar to avoid last minute tension Sir.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Thank you for this crucial clue. I knew it but forgot completely. I will request my bank to give Rs 10 coins (50 of them) when I visit them next.

Ragavisang and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Quite indeed. For my daughter's wedding, as requested by th ge chief priest I told in advance private banker to get me 100 coins of re10. The teller told me it would be heavy to collect from RBI & he had to wait in queue to get it by weight!

Ragavisang likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Congratulations to all the CSK fans for a remarkable victory on a rain-affected pitch. 10 runs in the last 2 balls by Jadeja against Mohit Sharma was remarkable. I gave up at 11:15 pm and went to sleep only to wake up past 1:30 pm to see the score. Jadeja just hit a 6 and 4 needed in the last ball. I waited for 2-3 minutes to see him hit a 4 to win the 5th title for CSK.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

A BEFITTING tribute to Skipper Dhoni on the eve if his retirement from IPL . Thanks to Varuna Bhagvan rain induced reduced overs to prove might of Chennai Superkings.
    HERE TO join the celebration

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

I must add here that I didn't give the thick bag of 100 nos Re10 coin to the chief priest but only half of it. The priest accepted it without any demur. Prudence dictates at times that you should not part with all in one go.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Some of them will go into homam and given back to us for prosperity. Our Vedic Scholar is friendly and is doing it out of love to travel all the way from Srirangapatna. I am planning to give nice Dhakshna to him and all others coming with him.