1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Watched Theerak kadhal movie. Very good message for younger generation and immature older generation. Beautifully taken. Climax should have been much crisper rather than vazha vazha kozha kozha last scene.

Thyagarajan and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Watched movie 2018 and it is based on real incidents that took place during floods in Kerala in 2018. The movie shows how ordinary people came together to help one another and it justifies the film's tag line " everyone is a hero".
    I liked all the characters and especially Tovino Thomas' role. I liked visual effects, emotional attachments among characters, and the whole movie. I felt sad at the end too but a worth watching movie.

Thyagarajan and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I am waiting to watch 2018. I saw the preview and loved it. Tovino is also there:grinning:. Your review is also giving me the push to watch.

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  4. vidhyalakshmid

Loved the preview. Theme is also verygood. Did you watch in theatre?

Thyagarajan and Ragavisang like this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

Sirf ek bandhaa kaafi hai - Legal drama about POCSO law. Manoj Bajpayee( Family man hero) is the full focus and throughout the film. It is interesting from start to finish, if you like court scenes.
    They imitated Ram Jethmalani and Subramaniyam swamy with resembling names as Ram Chetwani and Venkateswara Swamy in 2 scenes. Overall good one.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

Mainly, I loved the casual and realistic acting of Mammooty. Ofcourse the end is enigmatic.
    The director might have left it to the viewers. The entire event is the day dream of the hero?
    May be possible, because NUN PAGAL NERATHU MAYAKKAM means afternoon drowsiness.
    Sometimes we also come across the unanswered questions in our life right?

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  7. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Yes I watched it in the theatre.

8. vidhyalakshmid

2018 - malayalam movie watched in einthusan.com. From start to finish the
    movie was moving fast. Too many characters, but the message was awesome.
    The twine of love connects all the humans, but it is exposed only at the time of disasters and natural calamities. The sad part is that the tragic end of the saviour.

chanchitra likes this.
  9. vidhyalakshmid

Ayisha (malayalam) - It is a bio-pic. I didn`t know when I watched the movie, then I have searched in Wiki. It is about a lady comrade warrior and actress(movie and theatre) Nilambur Ayisha. She is the first muslim actress in Kerala it seems.
    Most of the film is happening in UAE. It pictorises the beautiful bonding between a domestic servant and a queen lady in UAE. For the movie`s sake they might have exaggerated some scenes, but they touched the heart and basic human emotions.
    Manju warrior acted as Ayisha. Though I didn`t like her much, she did well as Ayisha.
    So, kudos to the director.
    I am an ardent fan of malayalam movies, so this question naturally arises in my mind why the other language movie industries in India are stereotyped, unlike malayalam movie industry(mollywood). They are thinking out of the box and excel.

gknew and chanchitra like this.
  10. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Good question :) Mostly because malayalees love genuine ( close to real life ) movies. People of Kerala generally do not prefer too much over the top action scenes and most of the time, they value the content in the film more than the stars attached to it.

Mohanlal became super hero through his 1980-90 hit movies, most of his roles in those times represent the daily struggles of a common average middle class Mallu in life. There were so many real life moments in his movies of that time. People loved to watch their life through him. Also no matter how loyal a fan they are, they criticise their worst films too. I remember there was a flop movie of Mohanlal long back called “Thandavam” , even the most loyal of his fans booed in the Theater because of the substandard story and dialogues! So yes, the character of audience is generally like they are ready to accept different movies that involves some deep thinking, genuine sarcasm, not afraid to laughing at themselves, and pictures the images of life as a whole, even if they lack that additional masala!

I love Fahad Fazil movies,brilliant actor !

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023