1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict In Mind.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by paru123, May 25, 2023.

1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

I have been married for nearly 1.5 decade but the relationship with DH is on and off. There is so much of communication issues for him. He cannot speak clearly or has no interest to speak. A very moody person and really hard to even carry out a simple conversation with him. His side of relatives treat him like a child and he enjoys that way. He works abroad and visits us once or twice a year. I am used to his nonsense behavior and even my inner set of people know his problems. But I cant keep my mouth shut when I see some stupid action from his side. This leads to fights always. Anyways I dont keep much expectations from him since I feel he is too childish.
    This vacation while on an out station trip we verbally fought on something not that serious. He said he would go back after the trip cutting short his vacation. I did not believe it as I thought it to be very silly. I thought he is just kidding. He behaved just like normal without any issues like a happy person which added to my belief strongly. I did not even worry about his going back and enjoyed the trip. But after we came back after 2 3 days he just packed his bag and went back abroad. I was shocked at his behaviour and kept crying. Upon asking him why he is going, no answers.
    Most of my friends relatives and neighbors just dont know his nature and behaviour. And I dont share about him at all. Now is the problem for me. Some of them know that he has come for 1 month vacation. But when they know that he has left in the middle, question start coming, why he left. Etc etc. I am battling my own issues and these concerns from them is irritating me. Not all the people are genuine. Some just feel happy to know that there are issues.
    How would you respond to such people. I just want to vent about his doings but covering him up leads to telling lies after lies to friends relatives and neighbours. He has bought lots of chocolates and I dont even feel like sharing it with the people fearing their questions. I cannot change my DH behavior but how to deal with people. Would you tell the truth?

2. swiss

swiss Gold IL'ite

No, don’t share with anyone. Just say he has a work emergency or visa issue so has to go back.

Don’t tell others what happens in your home. it will backfire.

I think ur hubby is a narc, like mine

paru123 likes this.
  3. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. It's such a difficult time to hide my hurt feelings from others.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Even though sharing your family issues with all neighbours or friends is a bad idea, you dont have to protect your husband from your near and dear ones, whom you trust. You can tell them you dont have any clue, and if they need answers ask your husband directly.

Whats the point in protecting his image when he dont care about you. However, its not a good idea to share anything more. So you should know what to talk or not.. Just one sentence enough, I guess. These childish men dont like criticism or questioning. So, learn how to tackle him in a different way. You have to say No if needed, but you can use calm cool tone and neutral approach while dealing with him. If he is narc, calling him out backfire. Learn more about. Only option is making use of the time in a smart way when he is with you and enjoy to the max rest of the time when he is not there. Long distance relationship is not easy. Anyway to live with him?

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. His behaviour was one of the main reason for long distance relationship. Most of the people have good opinion about him. He behaves like a narc only to me, my set of relatives. He spends blindly on many things for his siblings and their families to which they never object. Even they make him spend on irrelevant things. I question him on spending and he doesnt like that. I try to correct him for his benefit but that doesnt go well with him.
    If I tell him to have drinks he would be happy but which wife would tell that when the husband is having numerous health issues like diabetes, fatty liver etc.
    Everytime when he comes I forget about his narcissistic behaviour of past and try to start like a new page. But just after 2 3 days his behaviour is same as old. Now I will have to adopt new strategies to deal with him.