Cbse to State Board

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sangeethakripa, Aug 18, 2011.

1. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear All

My daughter is in her tenth standard CBSE board. Now, I have a confusion like which board would be ideal for her in Plus one. Is it state Board or CBSE. She prefers to stay in CBSE Board. The dilemma arises because of the marks that is required for professional courses.

There is a general opinion that CBSE students find very difficult in coping up with the state board pattern of examination. Is it true?

Kindly share your experiences and your valid opinions to enlighten me

Thanks to all

Sangeetha.

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,

First discuss with your daughter and go with her choice.

I know children who changed from CBSE to State Board after 10th std. They found it difficult as they are not used to the memorising pattern of study in State board exams.

Also, if possbile, get feedback from students or her seniors of her calibre, who swithched over to State board and see how they performed and what they feel about it. It will give you some useful inputs to take a decision.

If she is confident of memorising everything for exams, than switching over to state board may be a good move. Otherwise let her continue in CBSE itself. Since they dont have entrance exams and selection for professional courses are based on +2 marks only, if she does well in CBSE exams, it will help her to secure a seat of her choice in a professional course.

Good luck!

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sangeetha,

With the samacheer kalvi getting a go this year and the confusion and mayhem, i still believe there will be more chaos next year.

If your daughter feels confident about doing well in the cbse board let her continue doing so.. only drawback comes when you take commerce stream, where you do need to memorise more definitions and terms..

My daughter is in xi this year and she has opted to take cbse commerce with maths stream. but i hear from lot of kids that inspite of being in cbse x, that this year they have found it difficult with physics mainly..not sure of the reason..

If she wants to go the iit route cbse is a better option..she has her choices open..she can try in the state engineering colleges as well as iit...if she goes the medical route, the same holds good.

all the best to your daughter.

4. sangeethakripa

Thank you so much Mahanu and Shanvy..

My daughter's choice is to stick on with CBSE. The suggestions what you have given are really soothing. But tracking the senior students is also not quite easy (for me). Memorizing is not her way.

Can any parent whose children are in XI - CBSE or XI State board can share their inputs here? . If in case we are planning to shift to another school, at what time the admissions open for XI standard.

Regards
    Sangeetha

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sangeetha,

i gave you reply as a parent of a xi cbse... and the admission to other schools are opened only after the results are announced..and some schools do take you based on the FA2 marks.. so you can always get applications in march end/april first week. this year arsha gave in march 20-25th, dav in april 15..chettinad march eend.

6. sangeethakripa

Thank you shanvy..

I have been reading lots of posts by you in IL. Am surprised and thankful to you for giving us lot of information. Doing a great job. Wish you good luck

Regards
    Sangeetha

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

What you think now about the choice she made to continue with cbse?
    I am asking this nearly after 13 years. Your daughter must hv finished her professional course and enjoying her career and perhaps family too.
    Regards.
    God Bless.