1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

A Place For The Tabletop Wet Grinder

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Bubbles, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Where do you keep the tabletop wet grinder in your kitchen?

I have an Elgi 2L, and use it once a week, occasionally twice a week. I have limited countertop space, so was thinking of getting a cart to keep it. Do any of you keep it separately on a cart? Does it matter whether it is metal or wooden? Will IKEA utility carts hold their weight?

I'm thinking in the lines of a cart, which places the grinder below counter height (easier to work with), with wheels (so I can move it to the sink and back) and maybe an extra shelf below for storing the dry ingredients (the urad dal & idli rice)... :biggrin: (wishful thinking)

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

i guess cart suppose to be metal to take the weight of wet grinder as you dont want that to break and lead to other issues.
    your idea of one with wheels is good to move it around.. but dont the kids around house move it around????
    when buying cart make sure to check the maximum weight it can take..

i dont like the things all around the counter so i place them in the shelf or in the closet..i am talking about regular mixie.. i am planning to get a wet grinder as we have lot of counter space i would leave it over there and incase if i got small one i will move it in shelf when its not in use but i think its better to leave this wet grinder at a place as they are heavy to move around unlike regular mixie..

Bubbles likes this.
  3. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Thanks, @swarnamary, those are all good tips. Yes, I'm also more inclined towards the metal cart for the weight reason..

swarnamary likes this.