1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moral Fabrics

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

With more and more younger parents after money naturally turn themselves working for self-aggrandisement their kids would follow in their footsteps. Followers of Hackneyed morals are isolated and insulated from the rogue society. Children- read - students adapting Old Morals in the practical world of business would or may feel fish out of water!

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

In my view, the subject you are talking about will fall directly under respect for the individual (that is why it is not phrased men and women). How does it matter what gender one chooses to represent? But my humble suggestion would be for the parents to choose the gender when they are young (unable to make a decision) and if they choose otherwise when they grow up, the kids must be allowed to change it. Not assigning gender when they are young might result in confusion.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I won't get into a detailed discussion on this topic in this thread, as it might not be directly relevant to the topic. I only mentioned it to demonstrate how state interference could limit the influence of parents and teachers on children in the interests individual rights. Individual rights are important upto a point, but unfettered individualism ....? One of the things that certainly needs to be taught is that my individual rights end where someone else's nose begins.

Viswamitra likes this.