1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am "rude"

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by beautifullife30, Mar 20, 2023.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Until lets say an year or so ago, I was this calm composed silent crying person who used to feel bad for anything and everything that people said.

But after spending an year in my native village with my privacy intruded, people talking all nonsense, listening to unwanted unrequited advice, I just lost it. I lost my patience on everyone. I have now come to this stage where I cant take nonsense no matter who dishes it out.

I am now giving it back to people who are dishing it to me in the first place. I don't care how old they are or how young they are. I no longer have this "need to please" people. I am done with need to please and help others. Now all i want is a peaceful life without anyone's interference.

Unfortunately that's a tall thing for me to wish for. My own mom keeps telling me that i am no longer the person she knew and that i should learn to be silent and probably a little less rude.

Basically i am not rude. I give it back to people in the way they give me. How come my mom and my husband don't realise the rudeness that is given to me but notice only the 'rudeness' that comes from me apparently?

What has changed?
    > I am sharing only what needs to be shared and at my convenience not coz someone demands it or wants it
    > I dont care if you the PM of this country, i am not answerable to anyone for anything. I am leading my life on my own without any external help so if anyone talks BS, i hate it and stop it right there
    > I am done listening to 'well meant' 'free advice'. I dont have money or patience to listen to nonsense advice. If i want one, i would come to you but I dont need any from you I tell them to stop giving them to me.

Apparently saying all this is now rude. I am rude.

I am just tired of being a doormat. So what if i am rude. Maybe if rudeness is what brings me my piece of mind then, i am entitled to it. Aren't I?

majime and silentlistener like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

3CFDB5D5-2906-4707-9A10-D2EF0D0FC1E2.jpeg 6E081E72-8332-4F73-B768-52563423F6E0.jpeg D6D7802A-15DF-46DB-BB63-58DF4288757D.jpeg 67D0F881-4E8A-4969-96EC-AB5A51138E9F.jpeg

Attached Files:

majime, nayidulhan, lavani and 5 others like this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @anika987 . I had a long talk with my husband and i feel better now. :)

majime and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Happy to know

majime and beautifullife30 like this.
  5. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hmm true..

7. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Good posts there @anika987. Thanks for sharing. :)

Most of the times we are forced to behave rudely/ arrogantly only because the person is crossing their boundaries. How I wish we have subjects in school that taught basic etiquettes in interactions, respecting the other person's opinion, giving people their space, etc. <sigh>

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Good idea actually..

nayidulhan likes this.