Pursuit Of Happiness…

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 24, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Be it dressing or open talks things have changed a lot especially within Indians everywhere I feel.

Instagram is flooded with videos which a Decade back which happens in private.

friendships of opposite gender,nightouts,parties has become so common..people want to enjoy life to the fullest at any age..which is in a way a good vent.

Lot of gyms,health foods,technology and free flow of money,travel,backpacking,variety of professions..

society seems less judgmental and more open to a lot of things..

However..
    Despite all this..

why do relationships,physical and mental health have detoriated?

Or do you think society looks very healthy mentally and physically?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

And isn't that nice? Girls now have more freedom to wear what they want, parents are more open to frank conversations with children. 17-18 year old's no longer have to decide "doctor/engineer", thanks to exposure and awareness. Heck they don't even have to decide between liking only a boy or a girl.

A decade back people did the showing off in person. Guests were subject to hours of family album viewing. Over-sharing or showing off is age old, just the medium has changed.

Yes, people now have more options to enjoy life and live it the way they want. Concepts like introvert, extrovert, and the in-between's are clearer. "Friendships of opposite [sic] gender" are one of life's most beautiful experiences and saving graces.

I can only speak for myself. Thanks to vaccines and an amazing speed at which a new one was developed, I am alive. Thanks to medical and other advances, my family is still whole and functional. Thanks to the internet, I am able to make new friendships, connections, learn a new language, and find help and company to pursue activities I wouldn't have dreamed of doing even 10 years ago.

Anusha2917, Mistt and anika987 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@anika987,

The world each one see is different from the other. We have one inner world and one outer world. It is our mind that determines how to perceive this world. In fact, what we think the world is what is being perceived by our mind. We begin to construct the world based on our belief system, what was taught to us as a child, what we learned as an adult, our experiences and the lessons we had learned from them, and so forth and so on.

If we see the mental and physical health in the world has detoriorated over a period of time, we need to develop a fresh perspective. The world we describe is what we know and who we interact with. Pandemic might have created some mental and physical issues but people learned quickly how to overcome that, in my view, even before vaccines came into existence. When we think, talk and act upon the negativities that exist in the world, our life is dragged down that path. If we are addressing a particular issue of health or eradication of powerty, then, it becomes Sankalpa. When we generalize the perspective about the world, it becomes our belief and affects our personal life.

Begin writing about everything nice you see in your life, your perspective will change over a period of time. Think about how you overcame difficult situations in your life and share it with everyone instead of sharing difficulties you encountered, then, you are planting the seeds for positivities in the world. After all, the sum total of the positivity in the world consist of positivity of each one of us.

anika987 likes this.