Finest Post Nominations - February 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Step by step intro to computational solutions to hyper kids - i consider it a super holistic advise to Op by @hrastro in her response #8
    To the post of @nayidulhan computational thinking.
    Hence I wish to nominate same for FP for Feb, ‘23.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - who doesn’t love a good story? Especially one that has Gods and goddesses in it like the Amar Chitra Kathas. I am awed by @Viswamitra and his post Shivarathri's Significance And A Short Story Of A Devotee

This beginning is exactly like Amma used to narrate. I went down memory lane to that long forgotten bed time ritual!
    After the reader gets engaged with the story, came some wisdom.
    And that was followed by another good ACK style story.
    And all of us have heard this story from our mothers and grand moms and it always ends with Kannappa being made whole again! What a good way to recollect those childhood memories!
    Thank you Viswa sir for the post. You have a great way of weaving stories and peppering them with some lesser known references. I learned something from your post.

Rihana, I’d love to open my Feb nominations with Viswa sir!

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

No, not at all. You are so loving and how can I get hurt by your words? You are always in my prayers, Akka.

4. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

I am so happy to note that you have nominated my response to @Sweety2016. My heartfelt gratitude to you for considering this as worth nominating.

5. Viswamitra

@Laks09,

I am overwhelmed with joy when I saw this nomination and your invaluable comments both here as well as in the thread. My heartfelt gratitude to you for considering this worth nominating. I am so happy to see so many responses in my thread about Shivarathri. Moms feeling happy about this thread brings a great sense of fulfillment to me.

Rihana, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Laks09

Rihana,
    I wanted to draw your attention to this response by @DDream - Silent Treatment

I believe I wanted to write a response here but didn’t have the right words to convey what I felt. DD has done an excellent job of the same.

She started off by clarifying that there is no finger pointing from her end but rather an analysis of the situation.

Then she goes into what may have happened.
    And of course she gave the OP multiple pointers to help herself in this situation.
    We all want to be taken care of! It’s natural to expect a little something be it from parents or siblings or spouses and kids. But it is so important to maintain the key to our own happiness. I often need to remind myself this and recalibrate my expectation. This post is a good reminder for all readers.

I would love to nominate @DDream for FP!

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  9. Laks09

Rihana,
    I loved this post by @nuss and can identify with everything she stated Mother To Two Girls

To raise five independent self sufficient well educated children is a huge feat! Hats off to them.
    Role models! Nuss and her sisters are so lucky to have them as parents!
    This resonates the most. Raising kids is hard but raising a daughter and being a role model for her is the hardest thing I’ve done. Even today, I’m doing what I do to ensure she knows that there is no expiry date for a woman’s ambitions. I hope we all find ways to inspire our children.
    I identify with this so much. I did not know until someone told me recently that having adversities at home in your teen years and seeing your parents overcoming them is the best way a child can get valuable life lessons. It doesn’t have to be earth shattering problems I’m sure. Any roadblock that mothers of girls encounter and display resilience is possibly what it means. Nuss’s mom possibly gave her and her sisters enough examples of the same!

Such a happy post. Would love to nominate @nuss for FP.

Rihana, Mistt and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Laks09, Thank you for bringing @nuss's awesome post to finest post nominations thread. Otherwise I would have missed to read it.
    Hi @Rihana, I would like to second laks's nomination of @nuss response in this thread Mother To Two Girls.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.