Travel Tickets To India - Prices Too High

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sanjuruby3, Feb 2, 2023.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

has anyone booked airtickets to india for summer? I see prices outrageous.
    Even if i book end of summer... near school time, prices are too high.
    Also, Delta is bit cheaper. Any idea why? I heard last year people running into airport issues like delayed at layovers, luggage lost, many such mishandlings ..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Airline prices are high across the board. People are still traveling so they keep charging.

3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

we planning to go to india this summer... thinking about that is giving me shivers:worried::worried::worried: by looking at the prices but if we got to go we got to go what else can we do or if kids are not school aged can go in off season.. we are family of 4 so 10k or little more is going to be for tickets...

4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

when we travelling long distance even thou we get little better price with delta its better to go with prominent airlines where you can avoid all the un necessary issues with luggage,delays...

5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hey, did you get to purchase tickets yet???? oh my its so expensive but adult is 2179, kid is 1789. cost us so much but still no other choice...

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

no not yet...infact looks like they have even gone up. Since vacation are far, we are taking our time to decide when /which dates to go because once tickets are booked, no other option.

Also, last time, even though we booked last min(like 1 week before), my kid got slightly sick that day ...same way, husband got sick the day we were travelling back.. ( not covid or spreadable ) so we are also scared a bit.
    We had to run a lot just couple hours before flight, to get docs note in case.

7. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

oho okay... yes there is still lot of time but just checking whats happening from your side..

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@sanjuruby3

You are right about the prices being so high for this summer. I normally buy the tickets 3 months in advance but still I found the prices to be way higher than what I normally pay for the tickets. I am traveling to India in May 2023 and I have already bought the tickets in early February. But the price I paid is at least 21% higher than what I used to pay earlier.

The airlines that are most convenient are no longer available and I had to shop to buy whatever airline offers the lowest price despite of a bit of inconvenience.