1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Watched naai sekhar for New year's weekend. Oh my god such an outdated movie. All old popular dialogues being re-used multiple times.
    Vadivelu has aged and we have to accept that. His dialogue delivery was a lot of stuttering .

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Watched Nayantara movie CONNECT.
    one time watch. It's about online exorcism.
    It's so tough to perform in person exorcism. Priests die.
    Here it's the mom performing it online.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Ini utharam(malayalam) - nice thriller! Kishore`s character is unpredictable and well executed.

4. vidhyalakshmid

Driver Jamuna - OK thriller. Old wine in a new bottle - villan is pictorised as good person and revealed his true colors at the end. Aishwarya did well as sole heroine, no hero in this movie.

chanchitra likes this.
  5. chanchitra

Dr.G hindi movie. Funny. Nice watch

6. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

watched driver jamuna.. at first looks like any regular movie but later on the twist comes out... good movie..

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I started to watch Doctor G for Ayushmann Khurrana and Shefali Shah but found it difficult to finish, took me almost a week to get through it. I found the ragging by the girl students to be very cheesy. The Aiyo Shraddha lady was also annoying. Shefali is usually a good actress but something about her role as the HoD of the gynecology department was off. And each time she or anyone (mis?)pronounced "dilation" as "dilatation" I wanted to scream louder than a woman in labor without epidural.

Couple of things I found disturbing were about the labor ward. There is a scene in which a woman in labor is holding on tight to the hand of a doctor and not letting go. The doctor slaps her on the wrist to make her let go.

It was just me and one friend who didn't like the movie. Our regular fellow movie-watchers and recommenders liked it and said it was a decent one-time watch.

Still, it was OK. Got to watch Ayushmann and Shefali in a movie together. Rakul Preet Singh is cute. It also stars Sheeba Chaddha.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  8. chanchitra

ACCUSED is in HULU.
    each episode opens in a courtroom on the accused without knowing their crime or how they ended up on trial, the drama is told from the defendant’s point of view.

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Watched Telugu movie "Vinaro Bhagyam Vishnu Katha". The film is based on concept of " neighbor phone number " and it is a decent movie with some comedy scenes, good rememberable dialogues, a few twists and finally end with a good message. Half part of the movie picturized in Tirupathi and it was also made me connect to the characters in the movie. The temple town Tirupathi's beauty and nearby historical locations were well captured by cinematographer Daniel Viswa. It is a low budget movie and well written with decent and meaningful dialogues. I liked the character of hero Kiran Abbavaram and comedy scenes of senior actor Murali Sharma made me laugh. Heroin Kashmira looks cute and did decent role. In one sentence it is a light hearted movie.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

Ennalum Enta Aliyan(malayalam) - good theme! Couples who are in fertility treatment try to take time for themselves, but the brother-in-law showed up and some related problems. Very well taken. It is less than 2 hours which is good. Some scenes are humorous also. Leena did excellent, as usual Suraj Venjaramoodu leads the movie.

chanchitra likes this.