Temple -daily Visit

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Thyagarajan, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: TEMPLE DAILY VISIT :hello:
    If one is spiritually alive, he or she is going to love this!
    If one is spiritually dead, s/he won't want to read it.
    If s/he spiritually curious, there is still hope!
    A weekly temple visitor wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to temple atleast once a week.
    He wrote: "I've gone for 30 years now, and in that time I have heard something like 3,000 satsangs, but for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time, the preachers and priests are wasting theirs by preaching to us about the Almighty".
    This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column.
    Much to the delight of the editor, it went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:
    "I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals."
    "But I do know this: They all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today."
    "Likewise, if I had not gone to temple for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!
    That is what going to temple and praying to GOD does ... it keeps you s/he spiritually alive."
    When a person is DOWN to nothing, God is UP to something!
    Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
    One must Thank Almighty for his or her physical and spiritual nourishment!
    IF one CANNOT SEE GOD IN ALL, s/he CANNOT SEE GOD AT ALL!
    When one is about to tell this to others, the devil will discourage him or her.
    So go on! Disseminate this to your folks who are near & DEAR to you and TRUST GOD.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

"If one is spiritually alive, he or she is going to love this!"
    Rightly said! I am very much spiritually inclined and believe that just as we need food to nourish our bodies, similarly prayers, whether at home or in temples etc is food for the soul. The belief that there is a higher power that we can surrender to in times of hardships or express gratitude when all is good, has a wonderful calming effect, personally.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

very well summarized... as the food is for body.. doing spiritual things on day to day basis is for the soul.
    happy to be in a place where there is freedom of worship...:thumbup::thumbup:

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@swarnamary
    @joylokhi
    Thanks for your nice comments.
    To borrow and use Mahathma's quote dufferently1, I must say here
    "Visit to temple is
    is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.'

swarnamary and joylokhi like this.