1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. I too liked the movie. The hero is a good actor. But he is not getting much roles.
    The village character of Aparna was cute too.

vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Am just now in channel sunlife watching பலே பாண்டியா . It must be n th time. Storm mandoit induced rain interrupt satlite brisdcast frequently. A full length often ribtickling comedy.

svpriya and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Storm name mandose.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Qala - hindi - nextflix - good one for who likes content based movies

Rihana likes this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I liked her acting in this movie. Aparna Balamurali got the Urvasi (best actress) award for Surarai potru.

chanchitra likes this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I remember the song VAAZHA NINAITHAAL vaazhalam song and some jocular scenes.

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dhokha: Round D Corner (Hindi, Netflix). Huge disappointment. Felt so bad that a movie starring Madhavan can be so low in quality. No redeeming factor. Watched it while on phone reading about the heroine Khushali Kumar (daughter of Gulshan Kumar, T-Series founder)

8. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

watched dubbed movie ONE... what a good movie only wish the CM is like that in real life...

9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Kantara what a brilliant brilliant movie. Must watch. The making, acting and everything about the movie is amazing.
    A king in search of peace finds it in the form of a village diety Panjurili. In return he promises to give the land of khadubettu to the villagers. The diety enters the body of the boothakola dancers during the festival time..must say the boothakola dance performance was awesome and the varaharoppam song gave goosebumps. During one such boothakola time the current generation of the King wants to reclaim the land. The boothakola performer says now that they want to reclaim the land, he will take away the peace of the family which was bestowed upon them. So saying he vanishes in to the forest. The family couldnt claim the land either as the petitioner dies in the court in a mysterious way. Shiva the son of the boothakola performer is determined not to follow his dad's footsteps and so the chance of boothakola goes to his cousin guruva much to shiva's relief.
    Now after many years the forest officers are threatening to take the land citing encroachment. Are they the real villains?
    Throughout the film the director has used foreshadowing in the form of dreams and visions in waking state. In the recent days kanthara has handled symbolism in a brilliant way.
    In one scene when Shiva tries to kill a pig, he realises he was actually aiming at panjuruli and not a regular pig. He gets scared and drowns the whiskey immediately and we get to hear the anklets sound.
    Rest of the film is how Shiva avenges the villains and acts as a savior for his village.
    Such a beautiful experience. And glad varaharoopam.got reinstated in to the film as its the soul of the movie though I would have liked if the makers gave thaikudam bridge the credits that they deserved. The judgement could have included a clause to that effect. After the social media abuzz i listened to the original navarasa album and its very much true the music director has just flicked the music. Inspiration is putting it mildly. Copy is the correct word.

Anisu and balakrish like this.
  10. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @stayblessed for the review. I skimmed over your review so that I don't read too much into the plot. But did you watch it in Kannada or is there a dubbed tamil version.

I have been listening to rave reviews and am curious to watch.

stayblessed likes this.