Aavin Milk

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by brindaarun, Sep 16, 2009.

1. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Recently i read in a paper that Aavin is not pure cow's milk with less fat. It is a mixture of milk.. Cow's milk+Buffalo's Milk+Powder milk (to decrease the content of fat)..
    Toned milk means - Mixture of milk - Homogenized milk...
    Before knowing this i thought it was preservative used thats why they name it as "Padhapaduthiya"(tamil - word) milk ..

Becasue of the dispute raised they removed the Cow's symbol from Aavin milk packets..

Its seems for young childern this Pasturised milk is not good for health..
    I will try to post the paper if i get it..

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I am not sure on the controvesy raised. But a recent find from my side. "Aa" means cow. Aa'vin means Cow's milk! I dont know if they add buffalo's milk as well though. But if they removed the cow's picture, I guess they would have changed the brand name as well!

Arch

3. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

I do not know about the milk powder, but Aavin mixes cow's and buffalo's milk. They themselves admit it freely in their packaging factory. I've been there during my school days(thats a looong while ago ;-) ) and in fact they even told us the proportion in which they mix it - forgot the ratio!

4. cha1

cha1 Junior IL'ite

hello friends,
    any idea which brand of milk (in chennai) do u suggest for consumption ( for its quality of course)? i tried Aavin, but i could see a thin paper like layer coming up when i boiled the milk, heritage has a pungent smell due to which my daughter refuses to drink milk, arokya/cavin's milk- it gets curdled by evening if i forget to keep in fridge...,thirumala ...haven't tried yet......

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Which brand you ultimately discovered to meet your requirement?
    Aavin base is powdered milk reprocessed daily for packing in pouches.
    About Other brands milk in pouches too minister in TN complained about adulteration. Can chalk powder be one of th he Adulterants?