1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny - Is It Inviolable?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Comprehensive answers that largely clears my skepticism and my understanding of Dubious “karma” .
    Thanks & Regards.

Srama likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @Thyagarajan sir for your words - you are elder to me and will know better. I only shared what I understood. It makes me feel better knowing that it made sense.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

In context of this thread, i wish to put here a scene from epic:
    • “Those who commit a lot of sin ascend to the heavens first so that they could live the fruits of their good karma before heading to hell.
      The souls who have lived their life righteously and did a small number of wrong deeds, first go through hell to finally ascend to heaven.”

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,

sorry to continue to add to this, but a couple of more things. I came across “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will rule your life and you will call it Fate.” —Carl Jung

Carl Jung's theory is the collective unconscious. He believed that human beings are connected to each other and their ancestors through a shared set of experiences. We use this collective consciousness to give meaning to the world. The theory was usually summed up by my dad (our hindu philosphy) as "Runanubandha roopena pashu, patni, suta, alayaha.

And finally, Richard Bach also says - Every person, all the events of your life are there because you have drawn them there. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

So!! nothing more to add by me :biggrin:

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Display of ill-gotten wealth affects the family and also their heirs. Actress turned Former chief minister Jayalalithaa conducted lavishly spending crores of rupees and conducted her so called adopted son's wedding & the couple in doldrums.
    Superstar Rajini conducted her daughter's wedding with pomp and grandeur and observed all religious rituals but today the actor son in law found reasons to divorce the lady he married few years back. ​

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023