1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Same Old Pcod Is Back With A Bang

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rupz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I know I have been away for a long time and I am back here venting my heart once again.
    Same old same problem is back. Once again diagnosed with PCOD and its a bit larger cyst than last time. with infertility. Again as i have had surgeries twice, I dont want to have it the third time. The emotional push and the pain and emotional damage after the surgery has me thinking what to do.
    The docs have ordered a multiple tests which has my H pissed off.
    Over an above my MIL suggested that if the reproductive organs can be removed. Again and again spending on surgery and medication and then leading to Cancer instead of that get it removed.

On hearing this my heart just dropped and she expects me to talk to my husband about this. Over and above my H dropped a bomb that he's resigned the current job and will find one only next year.
    I am not working being house wife.

i am really confused as to what to do. I really want to have a child as per doctors it will take a year almost for treatment. I am 35 and H is 42. I am ready to do what doctor tells me to.

Really confused. Cant cry nor pour out into words to someone who can understand.

Just needed to vent it out.
    Thank you to the readers.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What is wrong with your MIL?
    Don’t share any of your medical details with her. Her ignorance is astounding.

shravs3 and drdiva like this.
  3. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

Hi Op, Did the doc say you need surgery for the third time? If it's not for sure then don't stress about it already, you can cross that bridge when you get to it so don't overthink and add to all the stresses you have already. Do the recommended tests first and take one step at a time.

In regards to the multiple tests, I understand it can be inconvenient for the families involved due to financial reasons but it is a medical reason out of your control so DH shouldn't be so pissed off. Is there any way you can help him financially? Is there a reason you cannot work or do part-time to make some extra money?

In terms of solution for this, do your own research and see what treatments are available to keep PCOD under control so this doesnt reoccur. Unless your MIL is a doctor, I wouldnt take her advise seriously. You have all the free tools you need to do your own background work to find out the next steps, and what the recommended solutions are. Arm yourself with that knowledge so you are more confident to face the next steps as they come.

4. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi op
    Hope you are doing well
    Don't worry about your issue what happened is happened,now don't feed your mind with stress.

Consult doctor, prepare your mind accordingly.

Think why this repeatedly happening,find the root cause of problem.

What wrong from your side how to correct it.

Make a note of all points,take the help google for guidance.

Just classify your problem, what The Best you can do,on average and at the worst what can you do.

When we fix your problem in best alternative way, you will surely come out of the problem.

After you this ground work,discuss with your DH,this will help out to balance emotionally.

When someone give you advice,look into it,if it is for your development listen and work on it,else simply hear and discard it.

Every one speaks out of their knowledge
    and the impact of that they can't estimate but you know your mind and body why do accept it? Right.

Fight with your problem,not with your mind.

Acquire knowledge how need to be, to solve your problem,Plan accordingly.

My dear Op,when problem comes there must exist solution also,just we need to work on solution.If we read only problem without working we will be in tangled issue.I am sure you will come out of this phase,you will be happy.Believe in God, strengthen yourself.

Regards
    Ratna

shama146 likes this.
  5. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Dear Op
    For your financial problem..can you join a job..a simple one to keep you busy and solve the financial problem to some extent.
    Make some lifestyle changes so that you get rid of the problem instead of going for surgery everytime.Do yoga..join a yoga ckass or if you already know..start practicing.