1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dirty Laundry

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"A young couple moved into a new house.

The next morning while they were eating breakfast, the young woman saw her neighbor hanging the washing outside.

"That laundry is not very clean; she doesn’t know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better soap powder.

Her husband looked on, remaining silent.

Every time her neighbor hung her washing out to dry, the young woman made the same comments.

A month later, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband, "Look, she’s finally learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this?"

The husband replied, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life…

What we see when watching others depends on the clarity of the window through which we look.

So don’t be too quick to judge others, especially if your perspective of life is clouded by anger, jealousy, negativity or unfulfilled desires.

Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."

️~ Paolo Coelho, "Dirty Laundry" ~

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Thank you sir for sharing the story. A riveting moral in few lines of prose naturally of paolo.
    Wiping clean the lens of my spectacles often prove this. Many of analysis based on false data stored behind one’s head and naturally that determines the judgement right or wrong. At the same time, i notice what was right to me till yesterday, proved today convincingly wrong!
    Regards.

Madhurima21 and Cheeniya like this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Good one sir, happens with me most of the time bad habit need to learn to think positively..

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.