What Is Your Perspective?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BeautifulSmile, May 19, 2022.

1. lakshmi888

lakshmi888 Silver IL'ite

It’s the other way round.. you are too rigid and much Inexperienced in the culture here saying things like people use idioms here .. lol

and do you think professors with business communication degrees are dumber than you who tell not to use idioms in business communication..

Your egoistic nature baffles me and your unjustified assumptions on how my team doesnt appreciate me is giving you bad karma ..

But karma lords will teach you in due course of time on how to check your ego and respect people who Dare to tell the truth and how not to talk negatively about people like me who dare to speak the truth by saying negatively about me that my team doesn’t appreciate me !!!

Karma lords will keep your ego in check .. even the egoistic desi Vp at Googl was asked to resign on the complaint of an intern ..

And you are just another random person in tech trying to butter up your boss by using weird idioms and saying negative about honest people like me who tell their reportees to not thank me in any of their slides.

I have seen enough karma in many people life by doing extensive research on real
    Life cases if you read my other posts ….

I am sure karma lords will visit you in due course of time to keep your ego in Check !!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

oh my God. thats borderline toxic. go ahead with other replies. Ignore mine. I will check my knowledge. You might be right. Please relax.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Our wonderful community has earned a great reputation for bonhomie, goodwill and knowledge sharing. When someone is in any kind of distress, our members rush with consolation and give suggestions for overcoming that distress.
    Once in a while some members get into unnecessary and unwanted harshness in their communications. I appeal to such members to desist from such harshness. I am one of the oldest members both in terms of my association with this wonderful community and my age. I do hope my appeal will be taken in right spirit

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is an old post but I’ll share a few thoughts.

Amazing. Congratulations!!! I hope you have gone on to receive many more such accolades. It’s not an everyday occurrence.

You are a great manager looks like. This is what everyone expects out of a manager. But honestly, I always see this as the manager’s job. It’s not something that one would expect shout outs from the techies for.

You have been in the tech team for sure. Did you always consider the manager as one of you? All teams I’ve been on have had the team band together and that’s often minus the manager. The only exception I’ve seen is when the manager does something completely outside of their job description. Like one of mine actually took on my work when I had to take time off sick and nobody else on the team had bandwidth. If she had just delegated it, it would have been something that’s a part of her role.

Why? Celebrate. You are client facing and managing multiple teams with expectations from your management and clients. That’s not a simple thing. You’ve put in the work. This team is just a part of your job. You don’t belong to these teams as a team member anymore. Change your perspective. They are reportees not mates at this point. You’ve moved on and have made great strides.

You are doing things outside of their purview. Look to your bosses and peers for confirmation. Look to your teams only for FB on how you are performing as a manager. No negative feedback and team being happy is a positive feedback.

For what it’s worth, everyone even reportees feel a sense jealousy when you achieve accolades. Not just peers. That’s a good thing too. That means you are doing well. Very few people are able to be happy for you while they didn’t also achieve like you.
    Instead of calling them “your own team” try reportees.