1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long & Short Of Craft

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

World’s Tallest Woman
    First Time In Flight
    ( courtesy: TOI net edition of 5th Nov,’22)

upload_2022-11-6_20-57-16.jpeg

Rumeysa Gelgi finally boarded a plane for the first time in her life. It was not an easy path, but the tallest woman in the world made her very first trip by plane with the help of Turkish Airlines.

Gelgi, who is in the Guinness Book of Records for her 2.15-meter (about 7-foot) height, was able to make the journey after Türkiye’s flagship airline turned six seats on the plane into stretchers.

Gelgi has to travel by stretcher due to Weaver syndrome, a genetic disorder characterized by rapid growth. She normally gets around by wheelchair but sometimes walks for short distances.

The 25-year-old software developer wanted to travel to the U.S. to collaborate with Guinness for an event and to help develop her professional career. Accompanied by her mother, the young woman boarded the flight with her wheelchair before laying on the stretcher inside the plane for a 13-hour flight to San Francisco.

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

yes i saw this but wondering how can she lay for that many hours... but then i guess if she want to go somewhere than she got no choice other than to be glad that airlines made it possible..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your being here and posting thoughtful comment. But there are fliers enjoying longest duration flights exceeding 13 hours. One can think of taking up one if ten longest commercial flights ex usa to Singapore with medical facilities intact in the aircraft.

There were many instances of ailing politicians choosing such a flight where modification a bit in seatin arrangement for patient and his or her aids. Nearer home, I can quote Late CM Annadurai & MGR as examples.
    World heaviest persons taking such flights cross my mind. The airlines in such a case has to modify the seat arrangement to accommodate snugly the heavy passenger.
    My dream of travelling 18 HRs + flight from NY (JFK) to Sing is still a distant dream - over 9500 miles.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

good to know about late politicians i will look into that now... hahahaa

may your dream come true soon.... :grinning: