1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

I was disappointed with the movie as the reviews were glowing.

I think the movie was not convincing as it is said to be based on real life incidents, maybe it can't be made more convicing.

But +1 on the last scene. There were few emotional knots that worked really well.

I think the plot was good enough but the lack of clarity was definitely the down fall. Why do incidents continue to happen. Why Arulnithi and what of the two other characters other than the boy.

candidheart likes this.
  2. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, sometime these rave reviews can lead to high expectation and eventually disappoint us. luckily for me, I hadn't seen any reviews, so found it good.

Yes I agree about the lack of clarity. lots of unanswered questions.
    The priest says these incidents have been happening in the hairpin bend even before the bus incident..so whats the connection? did those stop after him discovering the bus?
    2. yes why Arulnithi, his parents are not on that bus anyways , why they wanted him to take this case? and why the event is repeating?. the only thing is he gets the minster to jail and gets closure for the other passengers death.
    By getting on that bus again, where does he plan to meet them again?

3. Also if most of the characters inside the bus are ghosts, the who are these other ghosts clinging on to the bus?

I went ahead and watched the bus 375 stories in youtube, as this movie is based on that story. So I think Arulnithi and his parents character are there to develop the movie and thats why there is no justifiable connection. it could have been convincing, if they had shown as one of the victims urging him to take the case.

balakrish and gknew like this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Do we need paid premium subscription to watch?

4. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Excellent analysis!!

candidheart likes this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Premium viewers have to pay. But if you signup with them, you can log in and watch for free. Only disturbance is the Ads. Premium subscribers do not have the ads.

gknew likes this.
  6. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

@gknew I think it is worth as it is one/life time subscription fee of $25. But yes you can still watch it for free without subscribing with ads.

gknew likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Story behind song "Ramaiah Vasta Vaiya" was a hit song by our alumni in a fete. The entire audience on their feet a d sang lines with us on stage in chorus. The idea for lyrics and composition germinated in a rea stall enroute khandala. Here read further:

Some of you may have missed this lovely story behind that unforgettable song 'Ramaiah Vasta Vaiya' in Raj Kapoor’s film 'Awara'.
    The words 'Vasta Vaiya' are Telugu words.
    So how did they become the first few words of a Hindi song? There’s a story behind it.
    When Raj Kapoor started making the film, 'Awara', the music team used to often go to Khandala. The team comprised Shanker, Jaikishan, Shailendra and Hazrat Jaipuri.
    The team used to stop at a roadside hotel for tea and snacks. There was a Telugu waiter there called Ramaiah. Shanker used to talk to him in Telugu and give the order only to him, not to anyone else. Shanker knew Telugu well as he was born in Hyderabad and had lived there too.
    On one such visit to the hotel, Shanker called Ramaiah to take the order. Ramaiah signalled him to wait as he was busy with some other customers. As there was some delay, Shanker became impatient and started humming the words “Ramaiah Vastavaiya, Ramaiah Vastavaiya” basically meaning in Telugu "Ramaiah, come quickly".
    To his words, Jaikishen started making tabla sounds on the serving table. This went on for a while. Hasrat got bored by this repetition and said to Shanker “only this much, nothing more?".
    Then, Shailendra immediately added the words “maine dil tujhko diya, maine dil tujhko diya". When the lines were sung together, the team thought this could develop into a good song. After some time Ramaiah came, took the order and served the team.
    The lines and tune were later shared with Raj Kapoor who loved it all. He created a situation in the film and lyrics were written keeping the beginning lines intact. A beautiful Hindi song, with a tinge of Telugu, took birth. As everyone knows, the song was a super hit and is an all time favourite. One can listen to this in UT Link here:

joylokhi and balakrish like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Ponniyin selvan okay one time watch. The making, screen play and cinematography could have been better.

Taare zameen par. Old movie but I watched only last week. Wow what a beautiful beautiful movie. All parents and kids much watch. Darsheel safari as ishaan awasthy and Aamir Khan as nikumbh acted too good. Made me cry at many places. The predicament of a dyslexic child and what a good teacher can do to such a kid is told in a poignant and effective way.

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I remember days when thesbian sivaji ganesan starrer VEERA PANDIYA KATTABOMMAN ON SILVER SCREEN Where there was not tweeaking of historical facts but same can’t be said of Karnan.
    Films are for entertaining and timepass.
    Thanks.
    Regards.
    Stay blessed.

stayblessed likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Nna thaan case kodu - Different malayalam movie. It is engaging from the start to finish with funny court scenes. One time good pass time. Kunjakko boban lived that character and his makeup is too good.
    Malayalam movies excel in depicting intrinsic emotions!

KashmirFlower likes this.