1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Control Diabetes Without Pills? Can We Use Home Test Kit To Test The Diabetes Level?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gknew, Sep 27, 2022.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I have been checking this blood work diabetes hba1c since 2016 and it was normal. But last month it was elevated to 6.5% mine was 5.4 last year.

I have some other health issue for which I am taking medicines which has side effects of weight gain. I have increased lots of weight on the past few months because of the pills.
    I tested blood work recently and diabetes value was high and it's in the diabetes range( not prediabetic).

But my Dr don't want to put me on the diabetic pills and wanted me to try diet changes/ exercise and see if it helps before starting the pill.

I am going for walk for about 45mins a day and started to reduce my carb intake. I am still worried if it takes a while to see changes in the blood work. Can we test diabetic kit at home?

Are they reliable like the real blood work at Dr office? I am worried if this blood value is very high and cause more health issues? I do trust Dr opinion to wait to go to the medications route until I try the diet and exercise first.

Any thoughts anyone. Anyone with this diabetic range was able to reduce to normal level?

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I have a meetingin 5 minutes but couldnt leave without advising -
    Yes yes you can!
    Treat your home sugar test machine as your doctor - see what foods increase your levels immediately and what foods are slow release types. First few days, check the levels every time you eat something.... learn which foods affect YOU...
    Completely get rid of ANY processed foods
    The home machine is +/- 20 of your true levels - so you can definitely use it as a guide.

Check google for :
    1) Dr. Dixit Diet - works 100% - completely free
    2) Diabexy diet - the chart will cost you < Rs 500 - you could eat according to that, check their youtube channel
    Note: "diabetics should eat 6 times a day" is complete nonsense !
    All the best
    HR

gknew likes this.
  3. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

There is a fb group called ஆரோக்கியம்&நல்வாழ்வு. You can post your complete blood test report in the group. Based on your report they would send you a paleo diet chart which when sincerely and consistently followed will address all your issues without medicines. Best diet for weight loss as well. But consistency is the key. They have both veg and non veg chart customised for each person according to thier health concerns. Try it. My cousin benefitted a lot from it and am planning to send my daughters report as well since she has too many health issues in such a young age.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    gknew likes this.
  4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

for some people even thou their A1c is 5 something with little weight gain it goes beyond that so we have to watch on our weight and other trick is carbs goes with protein then your levels will stay in a range.

if you are veg or non veg and eat rice try to have it together with egg, or chicken if you are veg have it with some red beans or lentils.. and there are foods that do increase the levels so soon try to avoid those and among fruits are grapes,watermelon.

and walk for 15 or 20 mins after your meals help too..

gknew likes this.
  5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

it takes a while to check if the A1c come down or not.. keep walking and working out and watch your diet your A1c is sure going to come down...

Myself started doing these and it came down ultimately.. so keep working on it..

gknew likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I really appreciate you hopping in during your work. Thanks a lot.

I will check out these diet names. Haven't heard of explored before. Do you have any recommendations for the brand names for home test kit?

7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check this group out. I have heard about Paleo diet. But never tried it.
    I have few health issues as well and I hope this diet will help me out.

8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the tip. I will follow these.
    Yeah I do believe only my weight gain increased the hba1c value. Because I don't eat much sugar /sweets in general. But I do eat rice everyday.
    So the weight gain could be the reason for the diabetic range.

9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Your value was high and it came down after doing all these? Do you remember how many months did it take to drop down? And how much was your highest?

10. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

it took really 3 months to see the change of continous workout and diet and i was also taking minimum dose of medicine..
    it came from 8.8 to 7.7 working towards 6 something.. have to see how it goes..
    controlling diabetes is just like losing weight dont think so much but just do it..

gknew likes this.