1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ponniyin Selvan

Discussion in 'Movies' started by curlytweethere, Sep 7, 2022.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Since its MR'S own production too much promotion. Big budget film vera. Kekkava venum. Yesterday only heard alaikadal aazham song by Antara nandy. The one song which is very nice. The girl has sang from her heart. Hard to believe she is not a tamilian. Pronunciation lam pakka. Sol song also is okay not bad. Rest all songs lam kodumai.

2. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Yes, he would be good as vandhiyathevan. Somehow I am getting the Raavanan vibes, from him and Aishwarya..as it is the same cast :BangHead:

Beginning to think that karthi may be fit because, there is this humor aspect attached to vandhiyathevan and not as serious character as i had imagined.

Avoiding FDFS, might go on the weekend.

3. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

+1 on other songs being kodumai. I haven't liked any of the songs except alaikadal.. been addicted to this song and been listening to it everyday. very soulful rendition. not sure if it fits with the historic nature of the movie but as a standalone song it is beautiful

4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

5. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

Meee booked it for Friday. Somehow the imax shows were available only on Thursday and Friday. Rest of the days it’s regular shows

balakrish likes this.
  6. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

Yeah she was trained by AR’s km conservatory and was a participant on arrived. I love that song. Sol is also short an sweet sung by Rakshitha of super singer. Devarattam is sung by Yogi Sekhar another super singer guy. I liked that too very different arrangements. Not a regular ‘song’ which we listen. It just gives a different vibe

balakrish likes this.
  7. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Madras talkies used to be corproduer for many MR movies. however, Lyca Productions is main production..

curlytweethere and balakrish like this.
  8. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Yes karthi is better choice compared to other actors.. and definitely vikram is big no no..
    somehow vikram ku humor ae varadhu..

meepre and curlytweethere like this.
  9. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Mani once gave a new dimension and redefined the lady characters in his movies.

Kalki has done the same in PS. What an opportunity that Mani has this movie, but he is too old now and lost that magic.

I wonder who is playing Manimegalai. Each lady adds so much in the story. I have started to wonder how kundavai is going to stand on top of all the other ladies. I guess the best is yet to come. I only wished I didn't have to rush through the book for the movie.

Is no fun to not watch the movie when everyone is watching and discussing. I might still make it to the required place in the book.

Anticipation adds to the experience, they say.

While I am eagerly awaiting to watch the movie Aishwarya+Nandini have me terrified in my anticipation. Amazing writing and build up. Visuals are spectacular.

+1 on the poonguzazi song, amazing voice and tune. Yet to listen to others.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    curlytweethere likes this.
  10. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

I am wondering if adithya karikalan character was written with Vikram in mind, :). The anger, the intensity, the foolishness, the vulnerability, how often has Vikram done this. Just to beat the predictability, someone else should have played this character in the movie.

That's one of the reasons I wished Vikram played vandhiyathevan and on contrary I feel humor and fun comes naturally to him. Karthi is not bad by any means.

curlytweethere likes this.