1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Nice to read all the updates. Right after I gather any momentum, I lose steam due to health issues or what not.
    I have 3 short term goals. So cutting all the fluff, focusing on these:

Workout - 1 hr
    IF - 16:8 (5 days per week, I can't control weekends)
    Study Topic 1 - 2 hrs
    Study Topic 2 - 2 hrs

Gauri03 and Srama like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 - 29th day

Walking - 45 minutes
    Upperbody exercises - 15 minutes
    Water - 2 liters
    IF - 6 p.m. to 9 a.m.
    Reading - 30 minutes
    The Hospice Volunteering - 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. - 3 hours (A great source of mental exercise)

3. Viswamitra

Saturday, September 24th, 2022 - 30th day

Walking - 10,512 steps
    IF - 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. (I ate dinner after I returned from the Hospice service) :(
    Water - 2 liters
    Reading - 30 minutes

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  4. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

1. Sat,9/24/22

Workout - 1 hr
    IF - 16:8
    Study Topic 1 - 2 hrs
    Study Topic 2 - 2 hrs

5. Viswamitra

@Kaput,

You were not planning workout over the weekends anyways. Take it easy. I know how hard it is to do what one likes over the weekends.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

09/23 Friday Day 9

CBT Course - 30 mins
    Sorting Stuff - 30 mins (updated list of online accounts, half wondered whether to include IL)
    Writing - 30 mins
    Exercise - brisk 4 mile walk in the neighborhood, I turn at exactly 2.0 miles
    Tea or Coffee - less than two cups

09/24 Saturday Day 10

CBT Course - 30 mins
    Sorting Stuff - 30 mins
    Writing - 30 mins (dissected a 2018 family video)
    Exercise - 6 miles on high bluffs by the ocean in just under 2 hours (I walk back and forth near my car at the end of a trail to reach the 6.0 mark, people think I am looking for something I lost, like my marbles. ; )
    Tea or Coffee - a 1⁄3 chai cup in the morning, and a nice long coffee in the afternoon.

10 days down. I am learning that getting things done in the first three 2-3 after waking up is best. It is easy to get distracted from this, especially in the weekend. Today it was Suryakumar Yadav (SKY) hitting sixers into the Hyderabad night sky.

Gauri03 and Srama like this.
  7. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I am trying to log my habits and failing as I am dead tired after 10 -12 long work hours and working most of the weekends as well. My world is upside down since I started a new role sometime back and was hoping things will calm down once kids started going back to school. I am getting sucked into meetings and work like crazy and lost all semblance of any self-care time I used to have. Waking up at 5:30, sending kids to school by 7, 1 hour workout (3 days per week) and rest of the day the meetings start at 7 am with global team ... my work does not end until 8 PM.. in between I manage to take care of dishes, fold any laundry left over from weekend, instapot curries, drive kids to activities on couple of days all while still replying to work emails and taking calls if necessary.

@Rihana @Srama @Gauri03 I am so desperate to take control of this madness as my career track, mom track and self care track are competing with each other... time is less due to nonstop meetings from 7 am most days and I find it very hard to not think about work in non working hours... any advice or tips? I do not have too many hobbies and socialize very less which is also not helping I guess. My dilemma is how to survive and sustain without burning out in a management position or very demanding job as a mom of 2 young kids.

These are my habits that I am trying to build from almost one year and still working on them:

Sleep 7 -8 hours
    Meditation 10 mins
    Intermittent Fasting 18 hours
    Exercise - 1 hr gym or 45 mins walk/run or 20 mins HIIT at home

Drinking water
    Less Caffeine
    Reading - 20- 30 mins before bed inplace of social media, YT or streaming platforms
    Mindfulness - Every 2 hours spend 2 mins on your WHY,WHAT,HOW,WHEN

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Sunday, September 25th - 31st day

No exercise
    IF - 6 p.m. to 9 a.m.
    Water - 2 liters
    Reading - 30 minutes

9. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

sounds lovely... where do you livee? (city is fine)

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I would like to join. This is an amazing thread

I've started from 20th Sept 2022 the following life style changes, and it is going pretty good. Let's see how far I can go.

IF: 16/8 (closing the eating window at 8pm)
    Sleep: 7-8 hrs (Hitting bet at 10 pm)
    Walking: 30-45 mins (just relaxed walking only - will slowly start brisk walking)
    Diet: Low carb diet (increased protein, nuts & milk and reduced fried items, and carbs) - Bit difficult, need separate cooking, and always feeling hungry for now
    Healthy snacking: Said good bye to KFC/McDonalds and Pizza hut. No ice cream or chocolates. This make me wonder how bad my eating habit was. Anyways, from now onwards, I am planning to manage with nuts and fruits.
    Reading: Started reading ponniyin selvan. Something I have missed earlier. Since the movie is approaching, I wanted to read it as much as I can.
    Hobby: Its' been a while since I've spend time for myself. Going to watch ICC men's T20 world cup series, and then start watching a movie over the weekend. Also, I am planning to start singing - Downloaded Smule singers app, and it takes me to another world. A good stress relief.
    Life change: Started accepting life and the people as they are..... Let them change on their own space, and let the destiny take it course in life. I realized how bad it is to expect, force and believe others will change for me. I will continue to be a perfectionist, but will have the heart to accept if others are not. Wisdom that comes after 40, I guess :)

Gauri03 likes this.