Stunning Rebuke From Modi To Putin

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Putin’s Allies Are Now Slamming the War Right to His Face
    "Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bluntly told Russian President Vladimir Putin that he thinks Putin’s decision to wage war in Ukraine is a grave error.

Modi, who was speaking with Putin in Uzbekistan on the sidelines of a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, said now is not the time for war, and lambasted him for continuing to conduct attacks against Ukrainians nearly seven months into the war, according to Reuters.

Modi said this was not the first time he had expressed a distaste for Putin’s war. He said he has warned Putin he disapproved of the war over the phone on multiple occasions.

Today's era is not one of war, and I’ve talked to you about this on the phone several times… in the coming days, how we move towards the path of peace—we will definitely have an opportunity to discuss this,” Modi said. ..."

joylokhi likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Stunning rebuke from Modi to Putin. Mark of a stern statesman. Good job, Modi. :thumbsup:

joylokhi and mbharani like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I’m not impressed.
    Where were all these people on day one of the war? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that this was an idiotic mistake, yet some countries were happy to remain silent and load up on cheap energy. Putin’s allies are turning the other way only after things started going south for him.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

While few leaders for No war but many nation's leaders prefer war elsewhere to maintain/sustain their weapon production. I came across one vivid explanation in an interview with SATHGURU who explained it in his inimitable style seriously and humorously too.
    Here watch it:

Rihana likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Saying in words is one thing and proving it in action is another. India continued to buy oil along with some European nations from Russia during the peak of the war indirectly funding the aggression by Russia. Ukraine is the most fertile land in the world and was responsible for most of food supply to the entire Europe and now it has become a battlefield affecting the food supply. Sathguru spoke in another video how important it is to protect the food supply in the world when it comes to protecting the fertile land. Every country has the right to produce their weaponary as part of their self-defense including India which it does. Generally, there is a perception that USA is earning most of its exports from supply of weapons. it is far from the truth. The total earnings from exports of weaponary is only $10 billion out of total $1.6 trillion in exports. The weapon supplies to Ukraine is actually grants for which the American taxpayers are paying for, and supplies to countries like Saudi Arabia, Australia, Qatar, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, Israel, Norway, and India are top 10 countries to which weapons are exported from the USA. Already American citizens are not happy about fighting wars for other countries and the US government can no longer send soldiers to fight wars in other countries unless it is in defense of their own country like the war in Afghanistan which was harboring terrrorists against the USA. Pakistan has pulled out of hosting the American soliders and hence are paying for their weapon supplies now. We know India has been objecting to the American supply of weapons to Pakistan for a long time. Rightly so, because Pakistan is building those strengths only to fight a war against India.

Tomorrow, if India faces aggression by China and Pakistan and when they seek assistance from Russia or America or other European nations, will it be considered as a promotion of weaponary of the Western elite or in defense of India? Will India be happy if all countries offer verbal objections to the aggression by Pakistan and China and do nothing else? World is a global village and it is important to have a holistic view of the world including protection of food supplies, standing up for war crimes wherever it happens and question the big bullies who fight unnecessary wars including the USA.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    SunPa and Rihana like this.
  6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

This raises more questions than answers, isn't it. I will leave out the exact words from above as this has not been quoted in other media in similar vein. But Putin is a key ally for India and Modi. Modi didn't say anything initially but has spoken now. I doubt that Putin will be displeased.

If I were Modi, I would have said initially, look, go in and get out fast after doing your thing. If the humanitarian crisis raises, I can't answer to my own country men or the international community. So, this is Putin's end game now, which both parties would have agreed to.

Neither USA or Ukraine are guiltless on all of this. Its the people in the bottom who suffer and have no say on the proceedings.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

With all due respects to those follow Sathguru, he is not a good man. Eloquent speaker yes, but its all a fad.

I like hearing his talk though. But he has been selfish and doing more harm than good.

8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Modi has said what he was to say and Putin will do what he has to do. Modi said in a general term and Putin is talking in real terms. War has never been an answer.