Let's Fire Up Those Neurons!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

When is a good time to post the next puzzle? Is there anyone ready with the next puzzle? If not, I can post one whenever everyone is ready for the next puzzle. If I don't hear anything, I will post it on September 1st as we had at least 3-4 puzzles this month already.

Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great puzzle and excellent creation, @1Sandhya.

When I am really into a book, I borrow it as an e-book and audio book too so I can finish it faster. Like that, for this puzzle, I did the searching on phone, tablet and finally my laptop.

On phone, I searched "Tagore desert sand" and it turned up the Where The Mind Is Without Fear by Rabindranath Tagore poem. It has a line: "Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit" I was convinced I had lucked out. It was a "wish" Tagore had for the country. I had got the "well" clue as a "wishing well" : )

For Goddess Lakshmi, I used wealth, prosperity, fortune ... didn't think to use an Indian language word. : )

For the flower, I went for chamomile instead of daisy. LOL. Keep it simple is one of the basic rules for solving a puzzle and I went for the exotic. : )
    dc.png

As a pleasant side-effect, all my whatsapp groups were active due to Independence Day and we ended up discussing Tagore's book Gora and this picture of him with his grand-niece Devika Rani in Berlin (1931).
    rt.jpg

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've got a busy phase coming up. I might be MIA for a few weeks. If anyone posts a puzzle no need to wait for me. See y'all in a bit. Meantime I have some cool new puzzle ideas that I will try to develop.

Anisu, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You make an appearance in all popular prayers…

Achyutham Kesavam Rama-Narayanam Krishna-Damodaram Vasudevam Harim;
    Shreedharam Madhavam Gopikavallabham
    Janakee-Nayakam Ramachandram Bhaje!

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Puzzle #8975

upload_2022-8-19_20-53-3.png
    I am going to be out to provide service to homeless starting at 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. tomorrow and hence I decided to post this puzzle tonight.

Neurites in the West coast are 3 hours behind EDT and Neurites in India are starting their Saturday morning with the newspaper in hand. I hope I timed it well.

Difficulty level: Medium to Complex

Please find out what I am talking about? Let me know if you like additional clues.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    jskls, butterflyice, svpriya and 2 others like this.
  6. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

I appreciate your enthusiasm and efforts but I only plan to play alternate puzzles (or by random choice if I may feel like it, whenever). :innocent: Don't wait for me if I didn't show up on the thread for a puzzle. In that case, I will learn the solution when it's posted. :beer-toast1:

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Thank you. I will still look forward to your puzzles. :beer-toast1:

Kohvachn likes this.
  8. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Brings to my mind the recent outburst of our FM Nirmala Seetharaman at the winter Parliament session this year discussing GST and price hikes; when she lost her cool trying to counter DMK taunting her and infamously quoted TN FM Mr. PTR that which went viral: "Seirom sonnom, date sonnoma?... Kya hum ne kuch date diya hai kya?! Just will do." :grinning::tonguewink: Lol. Jokes apart, maybe in September. Will try. :blush:

9. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Thought to try the puzzle. I can't make out what any of the images in the second row means. Vaguely can guess keywords for two there and in the first row, the first 3 images maybe. And they point me towards a person. :thinking:

I think I may need additional clues for all images there, to begin with. :oops:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  10. Viswamitra

If it is leading towards a person, you are on the right track. If you have the right person, all the images in the second row will connect. If you find the fourth image in the first row, you will connect everything.