1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dont Know How To Have Sex

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by sociallifein30s, Jul 28, 2022.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Your fertility clinic will be able to guide you.

2. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

I actually didnt decide but want to know the experiences of people who already did it.
    My doc also said there are many but has not given a contact or anything or just any details. Looking for this anonymous channel for women who went thru this to explain

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Your doctor will not be able to give you individual names because of privacy. You can find out if there are support groups or other specific message boards.

sociallifein30s likes this.
  4. sociallifein30s

Thank you so much. She hasnot offered anything. I didnt frame the right question as "support groups" either.

Hopeuflly someone who actually went thru it will comment here. Lets see ..hmmmm

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

I am single at 40 and looked at IVF with anonymous donor at 38. After looking at the entire process, I felt I could not do it.

For all the non-traditional decisions I have made, I am still a nice tamil ponnu. Even the thought of an unknown donor and the entire process made me feel violated. I know this is all in my head, but I could not make peace with it.

Let me know if you need any details. I am in the US, but looked at both India (Madras, Hyderabad) and US.

Just a curious Q, have you considered adoption? Another year and I will be signing up for adoption. I want the whole nine yards. A fulfilling relationship, a loving husband, in-laws to bond with, pregnancy, motherhood, playing hopscotch, teaching mathematics and carnatic music. But without the right partner, I am better off single.

sociallifein30s and chanchitra like this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are you adopting from India? I just saw one family’s adoption story on Insta today and she said it took them more than 3 years to get a referral after submitting documents to CARA in 2019. Their first kid adopted before Covid took 2 years, in case the timeline is a concern for you.

7. sociallifein30s

well .. I wish I had the sense... it was a terrible terrible mistake and I need to make peace that marriage isnt for me.
    Having childrne was somtehing I "thought" I was working towards by keeping mmyself healthy, fit, active, whatever...
    Atleast for me, using donor sperm doesnt seem to be an option as I need to go thru an elaborate process, divorce, interlocutory application and even with all that , not sure how many clinics will accept without the "decree".
    The process itself is just nuisance.
    I have to go outside the country and get it done but there are lot of peripheral issues with that too.
    In short, my life is a literal mess.

pocahontas likes this.
  8. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Girl, don't beat yourself up and don't up on marriage if that is what you want.

Is your husband not open to donor sperm anymore? Why- has he given any reasons? Are you able to have a face-to-face honest conversation with him on this?

Apologies, my intention is not to butt-in but maybe give you another perspective. There is always more than one way into the castle.

9. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Ouch. I don't know if you were like me. Chemistry and Conpatability is what I am after!

I can't imagine an upside down world where we are the ones saying "chemistry".
    Oh, the irony!

10. sociallifein30s

actually a few months ago he suggested donor as he is apparently getting scared to do it int he clinic. I said great and asked him to come to clinic. BUt the doctor played a spoil sport that it is genetically not yours and you will have all responsibilities on the hcild or whatever and he backed out. unlucky me. Otherwise, it would have been good. But either way, I would have had to bring him to the clinic everytime I change the clinic.
    So I really need to go to a lawyer and check my options first. Which I am just not doing. I think its the weariness of going around courts. It is the weariness of asking him to come for sperm. Its the tiredness of what extent he might go to take the child if the pregnancy is successful. Right now he just comes for sperm deposit when I ask. and then no contact. Its just disgusting.