1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Books To Read..

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by anika987, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

[s="[URL]https://indusladies.com/community/threads/putting-books-in-recycle-bin.313214/page-3#post-4210021[/URL]"]Putting Books In Recycle Bin?[/URL]
    The story in link above relates to how i loved reading novel. A good book or bad book only the reader judge. What is good for one need not be good for others. Individuals taste, life style, class and somany other factors would decide what is a good book!

joylokhi and anika987 like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

3. Thyagarajan

a shelf full of good books for me:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

You can try Jeffrey Archer. How about Wodehouse?
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Kane & Abel by JA . Super read.

6. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

May I recommend books by Nicholas Sparks? I chanced upon this author a decade and a half ago and his stories have always touched me. I may have read most of his books but some like The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe have stayed with me till date.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

I enjoyed Sidney Sheldon books for the sole reason that the female protagonists were almost always go-getters, strong headed and over-achievers. :) Most of his protagonists are in their mid-twenties, clear headed - know what they want and are in enviable positions. I recall living the couple of years in my mid-twenties with a sense of confidence that almost bordered on overconfidence. I realize all this was a direct influence of the SS protagonists. :cheer::facepalm:
    haha

nandinimithun and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

One must be fortunate to chance upon such lovely novels that champions the cause of women. You must be an avid reader. I read almost Ss Entire works that includes some tV soaps. If Tomorrow comes is a splendid one.
    Other side of the Midnight is super.

Fan club by Irving Wallace too must be to you liking. It was also a box office movie - a Hollywood movie.

nayidulhan likes this.
  9. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

I was an avid reader. Now being a full time Mom, my priorities have changed and I pursue reading only during the 'edges' of the day. I mean I read only when I get a chance after I am done with all the duties (some unnecessary and self imposed) of the household. :D
    @Thyagarajan, I haven't read Fan club by Irving Wallace yet. Thanks for the recommendation. I will try to get a copy soon.

I have been a slow reader for the past decade or so but before that I enjoyed reading Mitch Albom, Khaled Hosseini, Anita Desai, Jhumpa Lahiri, etc. I was also too much into reading stuff like the Chicken Soup series and chick-lit by Meg Cabot, Sophie Kinsella, Megan McCafferty et al. :D

10. Thyagarajan

:hello:I am delighted with your response and glad to note you were an avid reader that includes reading chicken soup serials. Since you had stated here about chicken Soup, i wish to mention here :
    A decade ago, My son & i had contributed couple of stories from our lives and same published in those serials of chicken soup for Indian ....soul ....stories. Since copyright is with me, i posted one of the anecdotes in IL Under a different caption in link:
    Spouse & I - Ship In Unchartered Territory
    At that time i was a novice and new to IL & experienced tad ticklish in navigating. Few minor errors would be perceptible in the above post to a discerning reader.
    Your post given me nostalgia thanks to you.
    Regards. God Bless.

nayidulhan likes this.