1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Current Interest And Activities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jul 2, 2022.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Being a Carnatic music lover I have joined the site of a group of Carnatic music lovers. I have been appreciated and getting comments and likes as I used to choose unique compositions of famous composers and songs rendered by legendary musicians of bygone days as well as upcoming artists.

From a young age I was a cricket lover as my brother used to play cricket and also was umpiring inter college matches. when the cricket commentary was broadcasted in Radio I used to listen. Even now whenever India plays I watch it on TV now. Though test matches bore me I watch on and off, but I love to watch one day match and T20.

The last but not the least, I listen to spiritual pravachanams of Sri Velukkudi Krishnan, Sri Dushyant Sridhar and Dr Ramesh. I am very much in awe of the last two persons I have mentioned.

Velukudi Krishnan Swamy’s father Sri Velukkudi Varadachary was a great spiritual upanyasakar. When he was young Krishnan swamy was given both a religious and latest education, after which he went to work as a chartered accountant. After his father's death in 1991, the 28-year-old Krishnan began delivering lectures.

Sri Dushyanth Sridhar is a multifaceted personality. His parents enrolled him in classes at the age of five to study Sanskrit and the Vedas. After studying in schools in Bangalore and Chennai, he studied chemical engineering and chemistry at BITS Pilani and graduated in 2008. Even while he was studying he had given several upanyasams.After several years in industry, Sridhar became a full-time religious scholar and lecturer. In 2016, Sridhar quit working in the corporate sector and currently spends all his time studying the Vedas and delivering lectures on television channels as well as in public gatherings. He also develops classical dance and vocal performances and wrote and starred in the film Vedanta Desika. Now he arranges religious tours also.

Dr. Venkatesh, a professional doctor is a disciple of Dr. Sri. U.Ve Karunakarachariar Swamy and Brahmasri Subramanya Sastrigal, Kumbakonam, has been giving upanyasams in Sri Vaishnava sampradaya and various allied subjects with special references to stories from Upanishads in many popular Indian T.V channels like Star Vijay, Jaya, Polimar and Podigai as well in many sabhas across India. He has been awarded many different titles that includes Viruvurai Vendhan, Acharya Ramanuja Vipradasan, Pravachana Tilakam, Pravachana Vidyadhara and the youngest ever recipient of the Vaishnava Ratna award at 24 years.

At present I am listening to his pravachanam on Vishnu Sahasranama stories pertaining to each Nama of Vishnu Sahasranama.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    Welcome madam MS PS.
    IT IS LIKE a breath of fresh air to read your jotting after long hiatus.

I am too glad to note you are kicking in with varied interest from sports to spirituals.

The spiritual celebrities you had stated in your post are appearing regularly in prominent tamil channels and many of my contemporaries & I are absorbed as and when they appear on screen live or recorded.

TTDC of course has a slot in their channel on all days.
    It is heartening to note personalities who made it big in their corporate world are switching to spirituality & vedhantha and offer the essence of their spiritual studies to public & devotees through media.
    It is emphatic that beyond certain level possessing or earning money/wealth cease to offer soul satisfaction and purification of mind and men in high places are aware and seek to learning spiritual science.

I am immensely glad that you pursue all good that results in enhancement of bhakthi and toward the temple to which you donated generously.

Your folks including me in IL hold you in reverence for ever seeking your generous blessings.

God Bless.
    Regards.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Thank you for your comment. I feel really blessed that IL friends gave me lot of support to me by reading my posts and in reply posted their comments. As I felt I have sticked my fingers in too many pies and due my to old age I was unable to manage them. I will try my level best to visit IL frequently.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@PushpavalliSrinivasan , nice to read your updates on your regular activities after quite a gap of time.
    I have been been logging in only to read any topics of interest that I find in the latest posts. Seems a self centered thing to do, when so many are contributing in a very positive way to IL. However, my other reading and family preoccupations with children and grandchildren and their activities keep me engaged through the days.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I have listened to Dusyanta Sridhar many times when my mother in law watches his pravachanam. He knows of conveying subtle messages through practical jokes in between his pravachanam. I used to be a big fan of Krupananda Variar, Pulavar Keeran, and Anandarama Dikhsidar when I was 8 or 9 years old used to walk 2-3 miles to attend his pravachanam regularly conducted for 10 days. I also used to attend the discourses of Paramacharya when I was young even though most of what he taught was going above my head.But I used to take his blessings in West Mambalam and get Palm Sugar as prasadam.

I am not familar with most new faces in this field. I have heard Visaka Hari regularly in the past. I recently watched her daughter Champaka doing pravachanam about Andal at such a young age. Unbelievable number of people are spending time learing the ancient scriptures and literature which gives great hope for the future of India despite all the obstacles.

joylokhi likes this.