1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inquisitive Aquaitenances On Crucial Time

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I'm in between jobs, and did certification and searching meticulously.
    I'm trying for a mid level position with few specific things from my side.
    There is an inquisitive aquaitenance who's live in same community and kid's go same school same grade
    Knows every inch of information happening in community, we speak same language.
    Now she wants to if I got a job or not, few days back my child and hubby went to park. She immediately asked my hubby if I'm on interview.
    Then after exactly 7 days, I was walking she came running and asked "did you get job?" I said no, and continued walking.
    Then after a week she asked "if got job" no hi no hello.
    Few days called over kids school graduation again asked same question, I politey said "no, your so curious, wish me luck" with fake grin smile.
    she called me again asked why I didn't come out for 1 week, I said its hot, why to come out. Immediately response was "oh I thought you got job and started working".
    My patience wore down completely " I said when I get job you will be first one to know, no need to ask every 5days" . She couldn't take it. Cut my call.
    Now behaving as if I was rude and impolite. Spreading news in community I'm not getting job so spitting anger. She wishes well for others etc.
    But her husband checks my LinkedIn profile every 2 days they don't know I can see who visits my profile, I restricted his profile.
    After these dramas I told my husband about this person, he says her husband calculates income level of others, many a times openly stated others income., checks others property value in zillow redfin etc.

They fail to understand its 2 people working, means 16 hrs per day he compares with himself with other couples earning. Always saying 2 salaries for people whose spouses work.

Really...I can't understand why people are like this?
    Why so insecure

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    chanchitra likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's totally vokay to snap at people like her once in a while. She will get over it and will be back to her usual questions before neighbors stop bursting illegal July 4th fireworks.

If you want to patch up with her faster (but why!), you can cook up random query or question that she can help with and text her. Before that, review the list of answers to nosy questions in the other thread. : )

Or have some fun by saying "yes got an offer and it got rescinded too." : ) If feeling more mean and still mad at her, say you got a token severance package too in exchange for not mentioning company's offer on your LinkedIn. : )

Make it more mysterious by blaming Elon Musk's daughter who wants to disown him or Kamala Harris.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  3. Vedhavalli

Haha totally

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Hey, take it easy.
    The next time, tell her "Yes, I got the offer, and the salary is $$$$$$$" Make her jealous and if possible steal her sleep at least for one day.
    After all, you can tell her it was a joke.

Lately, I've learned to handle many jealous people this way. I make them suffer in jealousy with stress by looking at my growth. That's the biggest punishment I could give for what they have done to ruin my peace of mind.

Mehana, shravs3, Aajnya and 2 others like this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You did good. Some people are just weird. Better to avoid them.

Vedhavalli likes this.
  6. Vedhavalli

My thought is why don't they see how hard it's to study, apply for jobs, get certifications with 3 fresh meals and chaotic in laws at home.
    Weekends run away in sprint.
    I'm investing my time and money, sacrificing mom & child time. Many times I listen to recorded lectures while dish washing.
    Why no one sees that?
    Why they see only the monetary angle?
    Voicing "oh two incomes are like 2 engines in a train, will run faster, you can save a lot" from their tone, one can understand they don't mean well. Though I keep my intentions to see only good.
    @SGBV I was skeptical to try for Big four, top 10 companies. I'm applying for it!

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Some people have become competitive and money minded. They feel that no one should/can go above their level/position in society. They get jealous on others getting jobs, but fail to see the hardships people have to go through. Its always better to avoid people who are gossipers or news carriers.

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Idle minds are the devils workshop. Your neighbors sounds like her business is minding other people’s business. There are also some who take pleasure in kicking others when they are down. Now that you have seen her true nature act accordingly. Don’t waste your time wondering why people act as they do. Just focus on getting the new job.

KashmirFlower and Vedhavalli like this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

The world is never happy with what you have.
    If you are a peaceful & happy house wife, they will question your qualification & career
    If you are a successful career person, they will question your time spend at home & parenting
    If you manage both successfully, they will question your authority to command H & kids those help you meet your goals.
    If you manage your home clean, they will look you down for having so much free time. If your house is messy, they will blame you.

They will never be satisficed with what you have or what you chose to do. I've been there, done & dusted that.

Do what makes you happy. Do what is needed at this hour, and what makes your future beautiful. That is all matter!!!

The very moment you stop bothering about others, is the moment they start bothering about us. That's the real success. To live successfully & happily before the people who want us to do otherwise.

10. Vedhavalli

Thanks all IL by God's grace and your well wishes I got 2 BIG company interviews!!
    Sometimes we all under estimate ourselves and our potentials.
    Keep learning only your education will be with you.
    Many a days I would cry and wipe my tears and start my laptop to study.
    I had emotional breakdowns due family, had covid, my kid and husband went to ER, I fainted, ran out of funds. Tough times teach you tough things.
    my only learning is study to learn, learn to make a difference.
    I'm not sharing with any one except you all.
    Wish me well for interviews

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Amica, shravs3, Thyagarajan and 6 others like this.