1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Face Criticism Of Being Called Unlucky

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mangaii, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

:thumbup:

2. mangaii

Thanks Laks Just waiting for summer break. Will probably take a parachute to jump off airplane to police station directly. Have to give it to her for running this show for so long without any doubts.

Laks09 likes this.
  3. mangaii

My siblings live in different state and none of them want to get involved. They all have family on their own so I'm not going to blame them. But my mom is different level all together. She told me to work harder like Rajini in Annamalai and become richer than her. Perks of watching too many movies in lock down. She doesn't want anyone to complain about her. I wish I can get 10 cows and become millionaire overnight. Now I have learnt to laugh at the situation. Even if all her accusations are true I cannot go and sit on Himalayas to change my luck or whatever that is.

Minion likes this.
  4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Your mom is a sweet Hamam soap mom :)

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

She values cash and jewelry more than a relationship with her brother. I don't think your DH will succeed in getting your stuff back. Since you have accepted that this relationship is over, you are in a better position. You'll have to step in and handle her yourself.

IIRC, your nephew stole cash from an account that was in your DH's name. You can prove this. The law is on your side. Demand all of your stuff back with the threat of pressing charges against your nephew for theft.

What does she really want?

Your SiL is nasty. Fight back, @mangaii. You deserve better treatment than this.

shravs3, chanchitra and Laks09 like this.
  6. mangaii

Updating this thread that I finally reached India . It is long time since I have felt this happy . I don’t think words can even describe how I feel now . I’m planning to visit my sil on Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back my jewels without going through legal hassle .

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There’s no place like home.
    Good luck with your SIL visit and hope you get your jewels back without fuss.

mangaii likes this.
  8. mangaii

My Sil was ruthless, inhumane and most selfish human I have met in my life . After draining my energy whole day I don’t see any use in talking to her. She thinks she can do whatever she wants since I don’t have any proof that I have her jewels .
    I’m meeting lawyer today and taking this up legally. I was under the impression that she will have some humanity left in her so she would return the jewels . I had plans to leave my native place . But after todays episode I have cancelled all my plans and will be camping at lawyers place and police station . I want to take some action against her. My blood is boiling .

chanchitra likes this.
  9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Good luck @mangaii hope you are able to come to a resolution.
    Do you have photographs of you wearing the jewels? Surely there must be some. Your wedding time or younger days? That will be proof. Even if she shows pictures from her side your photos will predate those. So you can establish ownership. Also Using the pictures you can contact the jewelers from whom you purchased or got it made. Usually back in those days it would be family jeweler no? You can show them the photos and they will confirm for you that he made it for you/your family. It may take some searching and running around but it should be doable since you are already there. Just be careful the police wala doesn’t ask for bribe and all. I hear it’s all very corrupt these days. Well more N. India than South but be careful!

shravs3 and KashmirFlower like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hopefully you get back all your jewels. @1Sandhya has already given good suggestions.
    If any of your family members can provide witness that’s an added advantage.

Also do you have any message/email in which you are asking her to return it and you think its helpful for the case? Submit all those to the legal team.

I found something similar to your case. Hope you find it useful..
    In-laws not returning my jewelleries

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    KashmirFlower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.