1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Feel Like You May Have Long Covid?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Rihana, May 7, 2022.

Do you feel like you may have Long COVID?

1. Yes, I feel Long COVID symptoms. I tested positive for COVID once or more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I feel Long COVID symptoms. I never tested positive for COVID.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. No Long COVID symptoms. I tested positive for COVID once or more.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Long COVID symptoms. I never tested positive for COVID.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Excerpts from the CDC website:

What is Long COVID?
    Some people who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 can experience long-term effects from their infection, known as post-COVID conditions (PCC) or long COVID.

People call post-COVID conditions by many names, including: long COVID, long-haul COVID, post-acute COVID-19, long-term effects of COVID, and chronic COVID.

What you need to know?
    • Post-COVID conditions are found more often in people who had severe COVID-19 illness, but anyone who has been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 can experience post-COVID conditions, even people who had mild illness or no symptoms from COVID-19.
    • Post-COVID conditions can include a wide range of ongoing health problems; these conditions can last weeks, months, or years.
    • There is no single test for post-COVID conditions. While most people with post-COVID conditions have evidence of infection or COVID-19 illness, in some cases, a person with post-COVID conditions may not have tested positive for the virus or known they were infected.
    General symptoms
    • Tiredness or fatigue that interferes with daily life
    • Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental effort (also known as “post-exertional malaise”)
    • Fever
    Respiratory and heart symptoms
    • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
    • Cough
    • Chest pain
    • Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
    Neurological symptoms
    • Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
    • Headache
    • Sleep problems
    • Dizziness when you stand up (lightheadedness)
    • Pins-and-needles feelings
    • Change in smell or taste
    • Depression or anxiety
    Digestive symptoms
    • Diarrhea
    • Stomach pain
    Other symptoms
    • Joint or muscle pain
    • Rash
    • Changes in menstrual cycles
    The above are only excerpts from the CDC website. Please read all the information there for a better understanding.

Amica likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are days when I feel some of those symptoms and am convinced I have Long COVID. Never tested positive.

But some of those symptoms are so generic it could be general tiredness of body or mind and we suspect it is Long COVID.

3. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Right now I have what I think is normal flu. But from 4 days I don't feel like doing anything. No cooking or office work. I am hating cooking right now and I feel like having a break from office - this is inspite of slacking off work without taking sick leave. I got this after 2 years of no cold, no sickness and I feel so tired and down. I feel like running away from this madness. I hope these cough and runny nose stop. I feel nausea too.

Rihana likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I have most of the general and neurological symptoms mentioned above. Not sure if it’s postpartum or long Covid :rolleyes:o_O

Rihana likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Each of those symptoms in different group occur single or in combination is already known by a specific disease name for which diagnostic tests are available.

If one reads symptoms generic or otherwise, he or she would begin believing suffering from that disease. Sometimes knowledge of all these symptoms leads to phobia and throw weak minded in utter confusion resulting in their moving from pillar to post with test reports and go for first, second and even third opinion.

Every healthy robust one - that works or in recuperation or rest - at different points of time in day or and night - feel tiredness, muscle catch, burning sensation in heart and stomach, headache of a particular kind out of those 52 varieties!

With all these reports including from authorities concerned & drug research are believed to be credible, then weak-in-mind ones would easily turn to be Nosophobic or hypochondriac .

The only community happy about these Nosophobics or and hypochondriacs are
    The Pharmaceutical industry and corporate hospitals.

Otherwise how share value of these industries goes up & up...( in India too)

With deference to medical science, Just my two cents!

GOD - please make our daily food our medicine & medicine is our daily food!
    (உணவே மருந்து - மருந்தே உணவு )

Rihana likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Is there a separate cover available for LONG COVID?
    I have gone through stories of people saved by Medicaid. Interesting in link
    That's Medicaid

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

The average desi wife has had long-Covid symptoms since day 1 of meeting her in-laws. No testing needed. :p

ashima10 and shravs3 like this.