Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @iyerviji and @Viswamitra for nominating and seconding this snippet by @maalti:
    Selvi

A well-written and thought-provoking narration. Makes one go philosophic about the depth of human suffering. Suffering is suffering but when it is little children killed in a shooting or groped by near and dear, the mind goes into some auto-numb kind of mode. I was glad the story in the snippet had a positive ending.

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  2. Rihana

Finest posts can be those that celebrate life or those that look at untimely deaths. You are right, Viswa, this is a hot topic in every forum possible and deserves to be talked about here too.

Going Great Guns by @Balajee

Apparently, the police waited outside 40 minutes while ...

I can only repeat trite words ... Wishing the families strength as they make the excruciating journey towards a new normal in their lives.

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

I know unfortunately, neither the judge nor the committee members are eligible to get their post selected as the finest but there are many posts by you and @Laks09 are informative. One such example is @Laks09's How Anonymous Is An Anonymous Forum?.

How anonymous is an anonymous forum? Everyone is tracked so much for commercial purposes and government monitoring purposes, we have lost our first amendment rights long time ago. I believe everyone should read this post and determine what to post in public especially if they are working or saying things which might be considered as a hostility against the government or a particular community, race, religion, etc.

Rihana, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let me have a word here. There is absolutely no restriction on what or whose posts are to be nominated. For that matter even my posts can be nominated:grimacing:
    The idea of this contest is to bring to the notice of members all posts which are eminently readable. The restriction is only in respect of members who are directly connected with the running of the contest. Their posts can be nominated too but will not be considered for Winner.

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

That is what I meant, Sir. I nominated it because I can nominate it but it won't be considered for selection.

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Cheeniya like this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the nomination sir! The nomination from you is a big win in my books. Thank you for penning your thoughts on the thread. The past few days have been hazy thanks to the school shooting. I’ll be back to respond to posts in the thread once I’m able to think clearly.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    Viswamitra likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

My friend Mr. V. Srinivasan, wrote a book titled, "New Age Management Philosophy from Ancient Indian Wisdom" writing several management principles that could be learned from Thirukkural.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Rihana

Thank you for the nomination Viswa. You have brought to FP a timely post. The post by @Laks09 has a question we need to think about regularly.

How Anonymous Is An Anonymous Forum?

It brought in interesting viewpoints. It is sad and at the same time a bit funny that we live in times when women tracking their dates in an app could lead to trouble. : )

Thyagarajan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.